Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Top 10 Keeper League C

Dobber Sports Padawan

Oh... Me new at internets.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Banned

i would actually take Tavares over Stamkos if he leaves New York

Banned

me too. he is already a more valuable hockey player and he will pass him in fantasy one day too.

Dobber Sports Sage

My comment was cheeky because blaze is my boy and he was getting some slack here but we got into about a year ago about this. I feel all things being = Tavares is the better hockey player. I think his hockey I.Q is higher has better hands, is a better facilitator and is stronger, while Stamkos is a better skater, has a better shot and most importantly way better teammates. In 2 more years I believe with the development of Strome, Nino, Reinhart and others, while Tampa's other stars continue to age Tavares will begin to out score him. Tampa has some nice players coming up but no were on the same level as MSL and Vinny. Time will tell! For example 1 year ago I got lambasted on this site by almost everyone for saying Tavares was better then Giroux long term. Take Jagr a way and all of a sudden the majority have Tavares a head if Giroux. All I'm trying to say is that things can change quick and maybe we should be careful about how hard we come down in people if there opinions are different on players, myself included because in six months u can end up looking like a total ass
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; March 9, 2013 at 1:46 PM.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm sorry for the grammar btw. My phone is a cheap piece if shit and switches words around all the time :-)
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    me too. he is already a more valuable hockey player and he will pass him in fantasy one day too.
    I doubt it. How is he already a more valuable hockey player though? All Stamkos needs is somebody to pass him the puck and he'll score 50 goals a season.

G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    Util (1)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    I doubt it. How is he already a more valuable hockey player though? All Stamkos needs is somebody to pass him the puck and he'll score 50 goals a season.
    Some would argue that Tavares would as well if he were playing with the likes of MSL.

Keep in mind too, that with the players that the Islanders have surrounded Tavares with, that a lot of the time he is the one that has to do the facilitating for others or else the Isles won't score.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Some would argue that Tavares would as well if he were playing with the likes of MSL.

Keep in mind too, that with the players that the Islanders have surrounded Tavares with, that a lot of the time he is the one that has to do the facilitating for others or else the Isles won't score.
    Fair enough. I've got nothing against Tavares, I think he's a great player. I have a man-crush on Stamkos though, so I guess I'm a little biased! I will be interesting to see if Stamkos can keep up with what he's doing as the team around him changes. It will also be interesting to see what Tavares will do as the team around him (hopefully) improves.

Util (1)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    most people get confused about the fact that 'best player' is not the same as 'player with the most points'... especially on a fantasy site. but JT is a better rounded player with a much tougher assignment. he does more to help his team win than stamkos does. both guys are top 5 forwards in the nhl, and stamkos is the best goal scorer in hockey... but if i am redrafting the league, tavares gets picked before stamkos in my books. i can't wait until the olympics when these two flank crosby on canada's top line. i also think the day will come that tavares routinely outpoint stamkos.
    Last edited by 27Blue; March 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    most people get confused about the fact that 'best player' is not the same as 'player with the most points'... especially on a fantasy site. but JT is a better rounded player with a much tougher assignment. he does more to help his team win than stamkos does. both guys are top 5 forwards in the nhl, and stamkos is the best goal scorer in hockey... but if i am redrafting the league, tavares gets picked before stamkos in my books. i can't wait until the olympics when these two flank crosby on canada's top line. i also think the day will come that tavares routinely outpoint stamkos.
    Well if we're re-drafting the league, Jonathan Toews goes first overall!

Util (1)