Thread: Eddie Pasquale (is he worth it?) REP

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Eddie Pasquale (is he worth it?) REP

I'm currently debating picking up Pasquale in my Free Agent draft as I'm up next.

I can either go with a veteran player like Rene Bourque, Kopecky or Bouwmeester... or young rookies like Killorn and Dillon that are performing well at the moment.

However, goalies are difficult to come by and Pasquale's name popped up in my mind as a player that is currently not owned by anyone in our league.

My question: Is Pasquale worth the pickup, and if so, what is his potential considering the lack of depth in goal for the Jets?

Thanks! (Rep for good answers as usual)
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Administrator

Pasquale is definitely not worth it in this situation. Go with Bourque or Dillon.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Pasquale is definitely not worth it in this situation. Go with Bourque or Dillon.
    I have to agree with Daoust here. There's no reason to think that Pasquale is going to see much time in the near future. And quite honestly, ever since Lehtonen left Atlanta (now the Jets), they really haven't had any elite talent to get crazy over. I just don't see Pasquale as a lock to be "THE GUY" any time soon.

Dillon intrigues me most out of all of the guys you mentioned. usually logging the top pairing minutes, he plays in favorable situations for a Stars team that just won't fade away...regardless of how much adversity is thrown his way.

Bourque would be 2nd...but of all the Habs out there...I'm as interested in Bourque as much now as I was in Calgary (not much).

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Dobber Sports Deity

Dillon has been a rock solid addition to the Dallas D this year and if your league counts hits as a cat, I'd definitely be looking right at him. He wont score much, but he adds a lot of grit to your lineup.

Rene Bourque, albeit injuried right now has really turned it around this year too.

Killorn is getting top 6 and PP minutes right now with Pouliot out. He wouldnt be a bad option either.

The others you listed, including Pasquale, meh. Not really worth it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks guys, I'll REP those that I can now; gotta spread some more before I can send some back to bondon, Axeman and hb21

I selected Killorn afterall... Loved his game yesterday!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay