Thread: What's wrong with Weiss

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default What's wrong with Weiss

What has happened to him? He has been a consistent producer for around 60, but he has really slumped this year. Any insight? Thoughts on projections for remainder of year
    Points only, 26 team keeper league. keep 8 + 4 prospects. 2 LW,2 RW, 2C, 4 D and G. 1 point goal,1 point assist
    Goalies. 2 points win, 1 for O/T or Shoot out loss, 3 for SO, 2 for assist, 10 for goal. Minus 1 for a loss
    Draft 8 more through draft. Need to have 11 on main team, 9 on reserve. Once roster set, can add 1 injured reserve spot.

Roster:
    LW JVR, Steen, Hagelin
    C Malkin, E. Staal, Nelson
    RW Okposo, Wheeler, Donskoi
    D Demers, Pulock, Savard, Vlasic
    G Holtby

prospects: Frost, Sprong, Andersson, Bear, Niku, Katchouk

Dobber Sports Master

I have no idea and i'm very concerned as an owner... He has never been this bad. Know he has had some injuries, so I guess they still nag him.. but wow. Terrible. In a contract year no less? Anyone watch any Florida games lately to tell us what's up? From the games I've seen, which were early, he was either injured or not playing great... Hard to believe he has dragged this crappiness on for so long.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Hard to believe he has dragged this crappiness on for so long.
    Completely agree. I'm an owner as well and he's always been a lock for 55-60 pts. I know he was injured earlier in the season and word was that this was the reason he was slumping.

I've watched a some FLA games recently and haven't noticed any red flags in his game.

Many expect him to be moved before the trade deadline, but I don't think FLA would receive much for him at this point. All we can do is wait and see if he gets traded or signs with another team in the offseason. Maybe that will shake him out of this funk.
    Full Keeper: 10 Team (300 drafted), H2H, Daily, Y!
    Roster: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 10Reserve, 1IR
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW
              W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backes, Toews, Couture, Scheifele, Horvat, Fabbri
    LW: Landeskog, Galchenyuk, Lucic, Palat
    RW: Kucherov, MacKinnon, Carter, Coyle, Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Klingberg, Josi, Shattenkirk, Ekman-Larsson, Phaneuf, Nurse, Ceci
    G: Holtby, Allen, Lack, Greiss, Enroth, Kuemper

2015 League Champion
    2016 League Champion

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
    What has happened to him? He has been a consistent producer for around 60, but he has really slumped this year. Any insight? Thoughts on projections for remainder of year
    A lot of it has to do with the team transitioning to Fleischmann, Huberdeau and Mueller as THE offensive go to guys. Weiss should get back to his 60+ point ways with a new team as their second line C...once he is dealt. It is odd that he is crapping the bed in a contract year.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

I would say he misses his linemates from last year...versteeg.
    Florida in general have been horrible for fantasy hockey.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Veteran

Bob Mackenzie announced that he is shut down for the year due to his wrist. It requires season ending surgery.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen