Thread: Voracek or Hall?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Voracek or Hall?

For the rest of this season, g=2, a=1.5.

I'm leaning towards Hall - It's not that I believe I'm selling high or Voracek, but I do believe Hall and EDM in general are going to pick up the pace. Hall's sh% is at 6 right now and he hasn't even scored on the PP yet. I also don't think that this particular injury will linger (but he is a much higher injury risk).

I have Hartnell and Nuge - if that factors into your decision.

Rep given for reasoning. Thanks!
    Defending champ but still hungover

Dobber Sports Stud

First of all, they both look to be balanced between goal-scoring and dishing out assists.

Secondly, I do not believe EDM will pick up the pace. Their pace is what I expected them to be this season. Granted, RNH has not been doing much and Eberle is a little down but Gagner's surprising production has overshadowed RNH's there lack-of. Paajarvi's been doing well as of late too.
    Next, we don't know when Hall is coming back. He's D2D so he'll miss maybe 2-3 more games? That's quite a bit in a shortened season. When he gets back, he probably will need at least 1-2 games to get in-sync again.

For these reasons, I'd give the slight edge to Voracek. He's defined himself as a good player and has made a case for top spot with G & Hartnell.

Honestly, it's generally a wash if it's a points-league. With peripherals, it might make a difference but I don't know since the only peripherals in my league are +/- and SOG. Voracek gets more SOG and has better +/- since he's not an Oiler. Hall is LW, Voracek is RW. That would make a huge difference for me personally since I'm stronger at LW than I am at RW.
    Thus, I would rather have Voracek. Dunno how it is for you though.
    Last edited by LakeSoup; March 4, 2013 at 3:52 AM.
    ------------OLD------------
    15 Team Yahoo Rotisserie (1YR)
    Max Games Played
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 4BN
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Giroux, Stastny, Fisher
    LW: Benn, Hall, Lucic, Hartnell
    RW: Stamkos, Hossa, Stafford
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien, Brodie, Borowiecki, Pouliot
    G: Elliott, Allen, Dubnyk, Stalock
    IR: P. Kane

Notable Trades:
    Khudobin -> Hartnell (Oct 12)
    Ehrhoff -> Lupul (Nov 12)
    Greiss -> Hossa (Nov 21)
    Forsberg, Kucherov, Stalock -> Stamkos (Dec 20)
    Varlamov -> Lucic (Jan 20)
    E. Staal -> Byfuglien (Jan 20)
    Halak, Perreault -> Benn (Feb 10)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by LakeSoup View Post
    First of all, they both look to be balanced between goal-scoring and dishing out assists.

Secondly, I do not believe EDM will pick up the pace. Their pace is what I expected them to be this season. Granted, RNH has not been doing much and Eberle is a little down but Gagner's surprising production has overshadowed RNH's there lack-of. Paajarvi's been doing well as of late too.
    Next, we don't know when Hall is coming back. He's D2D so he'll miss maybe 2-3 more games? That's quite a bit in a shortened season. When he gets back, he probably will need at least 1-2 games to get in-sync again.

For these reasons, I'd give the slight edge to Voracek. He's defined himself as a good player and has made a case for top spot with G & Hartnell.

Honestly, it's generally a wash if it's a points-league. With peripherals, it might make a difference but I don't know since the only peripherals in my league are +/- and SOG. Voracek gets more SOG and has better +/- since he's not an Oiler. Hall is LW, Voracek is RW. That would make a huge difference for me personally since I'm stronger at LW than I am at RW.
    Thus, I would rather have Voracek. Dunno how it is for you though.
    Thanks for the insight. I think Hall wins SOG easily, and although he is currently even while Voracek is -2, I think Voracek will have a better +/- over the remainder for the fact that you stated- he isn't playing for a lottery team (once again ;P).
    Defending champ but still hungover