Thread: Voracek or Hall?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Voracek or Hall?

For the rest of this season, g=2, a=1.5.

I'm leaning towards Hall - It's not that I believe I'm selling high or Voracek, but I do believe Hall and EDM in general are going to pick up the pace. Hall's sh% is at 6 right now and he hasn't even scored on the PP yet. I also don't think that this particular injury will linger (but he is a much higher injury risk).

I have Hartnell and Nuge - if that factors into your decision.

Rep given for reasoning. Thanks!
    Defending champ but still hungover

First of all, they both look to be balanced between goal-scoring and dishing out assists.

Secondly, I do not believe EDM will pick up the pace. Their pace is what I expected them to be this season. Granted, RNH has not been doing much and Eberle is a little down but Gagner's surprising production has overshadowed RNH's there lack-of. Paajarvi's been doing well as of late too.
    Next, we don't know when Hall is coming back. He's D2D so he'll miss maybe 2-3 more games? That's quite a bit in a shortened season. When he gets back, he probably will need at least 1-2 games to get in-sync again.

For these reasons, I'd give the slight edge to Voracek. He's defined himself as a good player and has made a case for top spot with G & Hartnell.

Honestly, it's generally a wash if it's a points-league. With peripherals, it might make a difference but I don't know since the only peripherals in my league are +/- and SOG. Voracek gets more SOG and has better +/- since he's not an Oiler. Hall is LW, Voracek is RW. That would make a huge difference for me personally since I'm stronger at LW than I am at RW.
    Thus, I would rather have Voracek. Dunno how it is for you though.
    Last edited by LakeSoup; March 4, 2013 at 3:52 AM.
    8 Team Yahoo Rotisserie (1YR)
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 2IR
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    GS, W, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, H. Sedin, Spezza, Hanzal
    LW: Zetterberg (C), Cammalleri (C), Dubinsky (C), Benn, Perron, Hudler
    RW: Giroux (C), Hodgson (C), Semin (LW)
    D: Doughty, Keith, Franson, OEL, Garrison, Orpik
    G: Halak, Miller, Hiller, Mason
    IR: Gagner

Trades Made:
    Duchene for Sedin

Quote Originally Posted by LakeSoup View Post
    First of all, they both look to be balanced between goal-scoring and dishing out assists.

Secondly, I do not believe EDM will pick up the pace. Their pace is what I expected them to be this season. Granted, RNH has not been doing much and Eberle is a little down but Gagner's surprising production has overshadowed RNH's there lack-of. Paajarvi's been doing well as of late too.
    Next, we don't know when Hall is coming back. He's D2D so he'll miss maybe 2-3 more games? That's quite a bit in a shortened season. When he gets back, he probably will need at least 1-2 games to get in-sync again.

For these reasons, I'd give the slight edge to Voracek. He's defined himself as a good player and has made a case for top spot with G & Hartnell.

Honestly, it's generally a wash if it's a points-league. With peripherals, it might make a difference but I don't know since the only peripherals in my league are +/- and SOG. Voracek gets more SOG and has better +/- since he's not an Oiler. Hall is LW, Voracek is RW. That would make a huge difference for me personally since I'm stronger at LW than I am at RW.
    Thus, I would rather have Voracek. Dunno how it is for you though.
    Thanks for the insight. I think Hall wins SOG easily, and although he is currently even while Voracek is -2, I think Voracek will have a better +/- over the remainder for the fact that you stated- he isn't playing for a lottery team (once again ;P).
    Defending champ but still hungover