Thread: Would you trade Semin for Toews?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Would you trade Semin for Toews?

I have Semin in points-only non-keeper league. He has out-outproduced Toews for the year, especially in past 3 weeks. And he scored WELL over a point a game in 2009-10, Toews has never done that. Should i ignore pre-season predictions and stick with a key guy on one of the hottest lines in league, in a conference with easier teams to score against? And a guy who didn't have a concussion and wrist issue last year? And a guy whose line doesn't have any competition for PP time, unlike Toews.

Or, do I gamble on Toews breaking out this year? He has complained lately that his line is creating lots of chances with little production.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think it's close, but I'd stick with Semin here if you're looking for the home run. The guy looks motivated, is playing for his next deal, and in that scenario is still one of the higher-end offensive talents in the league. Towes is no slouch and should be more consistent, but Semin definitely has the chance for a higher point output given that his entire role with the Canes revolves around adding offense whereas Toews is relied upon for much more than putting up points.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith