Thread: Is it time to trade Parise?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Is it time to trade Parise?

Wondering what people's thoughts are on Parise. Love the guy, and he's a great player, but other than SOG he's not really putting up great stats. I may be cynical, but I think he's settled into a 65-70 guy and that his best days are behind him. If that's the case, I want to trade him while his name value is still high. Do you think it would be wise in a keeper to try and trade for a guy like Seguin who's on the rise? I feel like I'm talking crazy but I also want to be able to capitalize if Parise's value is indeed on the downswing...
    Yahoo 12 team Keep 7 League (keepers in bold)
    Cats: G, A, PPP, SHP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Start 10F, 4D, 1 Util, 2G, 4 Bench
    F: Malkin , Neal, Parise, Benn, MacKinnon, Pavelski, van Riemsdyk, Tarasenko, Yakupov, Hanzal, Scheifele, Palat, Zuccarello,
    D: Giordano, Seabrook, Gudas, Gologoski, Ehrhoff, Bieksa (IR)
    G: Rask, Lehtonen, Mason

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by pbhockey4 View Post
    Wondering what people's thoughts are on Parise. Love the guy, and he's a great player, but other than SOG he's not really putting up great stats. I may be cynical, but I think he's settled into a 65-70 guy and that his best days are behind him. If that's the case, I want to trade him while his name value is still high. Do you think it would be wise in a keeper to try and trade for a guy like Seguin who's on the rise? I feel like I'm talking crazy but I also want to be able to capitalize if Parise's value is indeed on the downswing...
    I traded him only because I'm not crazy about him in Minnesota's style of play. He is a 65-70 point player, gets tons of shots and has some nice PP numbers. In my view if you can get Seguin for him I'd do it in a heart beat, keeping in mind ones a C,RW the other is a LW

Dobber Sports Veteran

Maybe I'm the odd man out here, but to be honest there isn't a chance I'd trade him for Seguin (unless you are in dire need of +/-). The fact your league counts SOG and Hits as categories right away make Parise the far more valuable player. Think about it this way: Parise is guaranteed to shoot and hit far more, and I feel their points are a toss up. Not worth it imho.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Just signed up for a free trial on HPG and looked at Parise vs Seguin, and looks like jcairns is actually correct...despite Seguin's high +/-, his peripherals make him less valuable than Parise (unless Seguin starts putting up 100 points a season). So looks like I'll hold fast and hope that Minnesota gets a coaching change who opens up the offense a little more...
    F: Malkin , Neal, Parise, Benn, MacKinnon, Pavelski, van Riemsdyk, Tarasenko, Yakupov, Hanzal, Scheifele, Palat, Zuccarello,

Dobber Sports Veteran

I don't think they need a coaching change... just some better players or some of the kids to bust out..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Well, after looking at everything I just sent out a trade offer of my Parise, Streit, and Conacher for his Landeskog and Weber. Lando and Weber become 2 keepers automatically and I need a lot of help in the hit department. Add in that both guys are beasts in shots on goal and even when they're not scoring points they would be giving me some much needed periperals.

Despite Minny's struggles, I just can't see Parise scoring a ton more points than he already is unless they trade for a superstar goal scorer or playmaker. Parise's shooting percentage is just under his career average right now and he's taking the roughly the same amount of shots that he did back when he netted 94 and 82 points. Also, Minny is second to last in the league in goals scored. I see Parise being a 65-75 point guy for the next few years, with maybe a couple 80-85 point season mixed in.