Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Backstrom+Kopitar for Ovi?

  1. #1
    Sens85's Avatar
    Sens85 is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    438
    Rep Power
    5

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Backstrom+Kopitar for Ovi?

    Thinking of sending out this offer, my Backstrom(c)+Kopitar for Ovi. Is that a reasonable offer for Ovi?
    Yahoo Limited Keeper (Keep 4), 2nd Year, Weekly H2H, daily starts, 12 teams
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG // W, GAA, SV%, SHO,

    2C/2LW/2RW/2F/4D/2G/3BENCH/2IR

    Likely keepers in BOLD

    C: Tavares, Backstrom
    W: Neal
    D:
    G: Lundqvist
    IR:


  2. #2
    Rylant's Avatar
    Rylant is online now
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,463
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Rep Power
    32

    Dobber Sports Ace

    Default

    I think this is significantly too much for Ovechkin. He isn't the same player he was 3 years ago, and never will be.

    Rylant

  3. #3
    bizzl's Avatar
    bizzl is online now
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    734
    Rep Power
    15

    Dobber Sports Apprentice

    Default

    Right now that is quite a bit for Ovechkin but if I owned Ovechkin and someone offered me that I'd take it, depending on how deep I was at C. Would you keep him over Halak? If so, then I'd go for it as neither Backstrom or Kopitar are listed as potential keepers for you.

    What sort of players are available on waivers? This might have a pretty big impact on the deal. If there are only approx 122 forwards in play and you can grab a guy like Stepan or Filppula or Grabovski (all worse than 122nd in forward scoring) then it significantly changes what the deal actually is. Ovechkin and Stepan for Backstrom and Kopitar isn't nearly as bad.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

    C: Crosby, Malkin, Killorn
    W: P. Kane, Jagr, Ott, Burrows, Purcell, Tlusty, Clutterbuck, Zuccarello
    D: Karlsson, Giordano, Hamonic, Gunnarsson, Smid, Grossmann
    G: Price, Smith, Greiss

    Farm: Enstrom, St. Louis
    IR: H. Sedin

    Prospects: Cizikas, Gaudreau, Sheahan, Bärtschi, Atkinson, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

  4. #4
    Sens85's Avatar
    Sens85 is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    438
    Rep Power
    5

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bizzl View Post
    Right now that is quite a bit for Ovechkin but if I owned Ovechkin and someone offered me that I'd take it, depending on how deep I was at C. Would you keep him over Halak? If so, then I'd go for it as neither Backstrom or Kopitar are listed as potential keepers for you.

    What sort of players are available on waivers? This might have a pretty big impact on the deal. If there are only approx 122 forwards in play and you can grab a guy like Stepan or Filppula or Grabovski (all worse than 122nd in forward scoring) then it significantly changes what the deal actually is. Ovechkin and Stepan for Backstrom and Kopitar isn't nearly as bad.
    Yes I would definitely keep Ovi over Halak. All the players you listed are available on FA, there are some decent options in Hagelin, Kpecky, Grabovski...

    What would you throw as an initial offer?

    Kopitar+Kesler? Backstrom+Purcell?
    Yahoo Limited Keeper (Keep 4), 2nd Year, Weekly H2H, daily starts, 12 teams
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG // W, GAA, SV%, SHO,

    2C/2LW/2RW/2F/4D/2G/3BENCH/2IR

    Likely keepers in BOLD

    C: Tavares, Backstrom
    W: Neal
    D:
    G: Lundqvist
    IR:


  5. #5
    bizzl's Avatar
    bizzl is online now
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    734
    Rep Power
    15

    Dobber Sports Apprentice

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sens85 View Post
    Yes I would definitely keep Ovi over Halak. All the players you listed are available on FA, there are some decent options in Hagelin, Kpecky, Grabovski...

    What would you throw as an initial offer?

    Kopitar+Kesler? Backstrom+Purcell?
    Backstrom and Purcell should get him thinking about it, but would it improve either his chances this year or his keepers for next year? If he's trying to improve his keepers he would probably want two keepers in exchange (keepers on his team, at least), but in a keep-4 that's going to be tough to give him. If he's going for it then Kesler probably wouldn't interest him much, but Backstrom and Purcell might. Who are his keepers?
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

    C: Crosby, Malkin, Killorn
    W: P. Kane, Jagr, Ott, Burrows, Purcell, Tlusty, Clutterbuck, Zuccarello
    D: Karlsson, Giordano, Hamonic, Gunnarsson, Smid, Grossmann
    G: Price, Smith, Greiss

    Farm: Enstrom, St. Louis
    IR: H. Sedin

    Prospects: Cizikas, Gaudreau, Sheahan, Bärtschi, Atkinson, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

  6. #6
    Sens85's Avatar
    Sens85 is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    438
    Rep Power
    5

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bizzl View Post
    Backstrom and Purcell should get him thinking about it, but would it improve either his chances this year or his keepers for next year? If he's trying to improve his keepers he would probably want two keepers in exchange (keepers on his team, at least), but in a keep-4 that's going to be tough to give him. If he's going for it then Kesler probably wouldn't interest him much, but Backstrom and Purcell might. Who are his keepers?
    He's got Toews, Gaborik, Getzlaf, Chara, Hiller- those are his top players so I am assuming itll be 3 of those+ Ovi
    Yahoo Limited Keeper (Keep 4), 2nd Year, Weekly H2H, daily starts, 12 teams
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG // W, GAA, SV%, SHO,

    2C/2LW/2RW/2F/4D/2G/3BENCH/2IR

    Likely keepers in BOLD

    C: Tavares, Backstrom
    W: Neal
    D:
    G: Lundqvist
    IR:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •