Thread: On the fence: Duchene/Kassian for Ryan/Selanne

Dobber Sports Stud

Default On the fence: Duchene/Kassian for Ryan/Selanne

Team and league are in sig. Neither Kassian nor Selanne will factor into my keeper plans beyond this season, so trying to weigh if the upgrade from Kassian to Selanne for my championship run this year is worth the long-term dip downgrading from Duchene to Ryan for my keepers. I'm thinking yes, but it's not a clear choice for me. Thoughts?

Also to note, it would have the added benefit of swapping a true center who could lose his LW-eligibility in the future (Duchene) for a true LW (Ryan), thus improving my positional balance moving forward.
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

C - Crosby*, Malkin* (C/R), Tavares*, Giroux* (C/R)
    L - Duchene* (C/L),
    Marleau* (C/L), Galchenyuk (C/L), Ott (C/L), Lee (C/L)
    R - Kane* (C/R), St. Louis, Neil, Clutterbuck
    D - Yandle*, Carlson*, Gardiner, Gudas, Daley, Bieksa, Schenn
    G - Lundqvist*, Rinne, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I think you take it. I like ryan vs duchene on its own. For several reasons. With your cats pims and gwg, g you get a more multi cat player in ryan. Plus with the uncertainty in anh going fwd you have to think ryan gets more pp time in the future witb getz perry being ufa and selanne likely in last yr. On downside is if perry/getz leave ryan might see tougher def in the future
    10 team Keeper, Roto G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP SOG: W, GAA SV%, SO, Keep 4Fwd, 2D, 1G
    Start 3c, 3 LW, 3 RW, flex Fwd, 5D 2G

C: H. Sedin(K), m. Koivu, Plekanec, Galchenyuk,
    LW: D. Sedin(K), B. Ryan(K), Burrows,
    RW: St Louis(K), Hornquist, c neil, alfredson, kassian
    D: Subban (K), Fowler(K), Schultz, Kronwall, dillon
    G; price(k), ward, hiller

Dobber Sports Giant

I would do Duchene for Ryan in a keeper. Both guys have yet to reach their full potential and could put up similar numbers down the line (40-40 seasons or 30-50?).

Selanne gives you that extra kicker to go for the win this year. I would gamble on this one.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rticinelli View Post
    Team and league are in sig. Neither Kassian nor Selanne will factor into my keeper plans beyond this season, so trying to weigh if the upgrade from Kassian to Selanne for my championship run this year is worth the long-term dip downgrading from Duchene to Ryan for my keepers. I'm thinking yes, but it's not a clear choice for me. Thoughts?

Also to note, it would have the added benefit of swapping a true center who could lose his LW-eligibility in the future (Duchene) for a true LW (Ryan), thus improving my positional balance moving forward.
    I believe you are right that going from Duchene to Ryan is a downgrade. I believe what makes it even more of a downgrade and also somewhat defeats your logic/odds of winning NOW is the emergence of Palmieri. I believe his play makes Ryan or Selanne take just enough of a backseat from their previous scoring roles that it is a good enough reason to not accept the deal.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    I believe you are right that going from Duchene to Ryan is a downgrade. I believe what makes it even more of a downgrade and also somewhat defeats your logic/odds of winning NOW is the emergence of Palmieri. I believe his play makes Ryan or Selanne take just enough of a backseat from their previous scoring roles that it is a good enough reason to not accept the deal.
    You really think Palmieri is going to put that much of a dent into Ryan's and Selanne's production?
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

L - Duchene* (C/L),

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm still on the fence with this one...

L - Duchene* (C/L),