Thread: What to offer for Malkin?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default What to offer for Malkin?

I'd like to throw out an offer for Malkin, see if the GM is interested in trading for him and staying in the season, his team is lacking offense right now and the Malkin's concussion hurts him pretty bad. What do you guys think is a reasonable offer to make?

Is Kopitar+ Kesler for Malkin a decent offer? Kopitar is finally heating up, and Kesler is injured but may comeback in a few weeks, definitely in time for the playoffs, so he could presumebly stash him in IR for the meantime.
    Yahoo Limited Keeper (Keep 4), 2nd Year, Weekly H2H, daily starts, 12 teams
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG // W, GAA, SV%, SHO,

2C/2LW/2RW/2F/4D/2G/3BENCH/2IR

Likely keepers in BOLD

C: Tavares, Backstrom
    W: Neal
    D:
    G: Lundqvist
    IR:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Not good enough

Not only do I not think your offer is good enough, it might not be good enough to even merit a counteroffer. Malkin is back practicing, and Kesler might be out for 6 weeks. You need to make a much better offer IMO.
    10 team head-to head league; total pts (goals, assists, ppg, +/-, hits; Wins, Saves, GA, SO). Start 6 f, 4 d, 2 goalies each week.

Forward: Ovechkin, Toews, Datsyuk, Wheeler, Okposo, D. Sedin, Granlund, Nichuskin
    Defense: Hedman, Doughty, Letang, Markov, Sekera, Enstrom
    Goalie: Crawford, Howard, Halak, Pavelec
    IR: Stepan

Quote Originally Posted by mhn8995 View Post
    Not only do I not think your offer is good enough, it might not be good enough to even merit a counteroffer. Malkin is back practicing, and Kesler might be out for 6 weeks. You need to make a much better offer IMO.
    So what do you think a good offer would be from the players I have in my sig? How about: Backstrom+Kopitar?

Likely keepers in BOLD

D:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Genius

In a keep 4 it's tough to say without seeing the other team. You can be sure though, that the other GM is not going to give you a keeper while taking back players that would be dumped at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    In a keep 4 it's tough to say without seeing the other team. You can be sure though, that the other GM is not going to give you a keeper while taking back players that would be dumped at the end of the year.

His top players are Datsyuk, Malkin, Couture, M. Smith, Price, OEL, Shattenkirk. His offense seems to be the weakest, its why I figured Kopitar or Backstrom, or maybe even a healthy Kesler could be considered a keeper for him.

Likely keepers in BOLD

D:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Genius

Datsyuk
    Malkin
    Smith
    Price

Are the 4 I would keep from your trading partners team as is. After potential trade it would be

Datsyuk
    Backstrom/Kopitar
    Smith
    Price

Which 4 would you rather have?

This is why I'm not a fan of limited keepers. If the other GM has a legit shot at the title this year, and is concerned over a Malkin injury (a window that may have already closed) than you may have a glimmer of hope your offer will be accepted. I doubt it though.

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    Datsyuk
    Malkin
    Smith
    Price

Are the 4 I would keep from your trading partners team as is. After potential trade it would be

Datsyuk
    Backstrom/Kopitar
    Smith
    Price

Which 4 would you rather have?

This is why I'm not a fan of limited keepers. If the other GM has a legit shot at the title this year, and is concerned over a Malkin injury (a window that may have already closed) than you may have a glimmer of hope your offer will be accepted. I doubt it though.
    You're right I'd rather have the first set. But I would rather Keep Backstrom and Kopitar over Datsyuk if I did have the second set, they are both much younger and at the height of their career. I'll throw out Backstrom+Kopitar offer and see what he says. Thanks for the input.

Likely keepers in BOLD

D:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

As a Malkin owner in a keeper league, and based on what you said of the other guy's team and the players on your team, I would likely want Tavares in a deal. If you are not willing to part with Tavares, Neal and Benn/Backstrom could be a secondary offer...you may even be able to go big and go Neal, Benn, and Backstrom for Malkin and Datsyuk.
    KEEPER LEAGUE
    --> 10 team points-only keeper; 20 roster moves; rosters roll over to playoffs
    --> 12F-6D-2G [bench]; keep 4F-2D-1G-1WC
    --> F&D: G/A = 1; hat-trick = 2 bonus
    --> G: W = 2; OTL = 1; SO = 2 bonus

Keeper: Makar

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by kidicarius View Post
    As a Malkin owner in a keeper league, and based on what you said of the other guy's team and the players on your team, I would likely want Tavares in a deal. If you are not willing to part with Tavares, Neal and Benn/Backstrom could be a secondary offer...you may even be able to go big and go Neal, Benn, and Backstrom for Malkin and Datsyuk.
    I completely agree with this as a Malkin owner myself. Malkin is arguably one of the top 3 most coveted fantasy players out there, so nearly any player you offer is going to be a downgrade for him. You would have to go with two players that he will want to keep. I would want something like Tavares + Benn for Malkin + Datsyuk
    8 team keeper league (keep 5)
    Standard Yahoo scoring format: G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, S, PIM, BLK, W/L, SV, -GA, SO

Forwards:
    Malkin, Benn, Eichel, Kucherov, Draisaitl, Schwartz, Marchessault, R.Smith, Hornqvist, Voracek, Atkinson, Lee, T. Johnson

Defensemen:
    Letang, S. Jones, Krug, Sergachev, McDonagh, Dumba

Goalies:
    Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Rask

Farm:
    Keller, Puljujarvi