Thread: Will Bernier ever get traded?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Will Bernier ever get traded?

Has anyone else out there been holding on to this kid for years. I can think of a couple of teams that can use him, New Jersey, Islanders, Calgary, Washington, Columbus, maybe even Tampa. He's RFA at the end of the season and he's made it obvious he wants out... What are the kings waiting for? He's playing well this year and looked good last night against Detroit (expect for the 1 goal)

Man I'm frustrated.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think it's somewhat unlikely that teams in it to win it this year deal goalies given the condensed schedule. That said, I agree that there are several teams that could use him and this has to come to a head sooner or later.

One interesting point is his RFA status at season's-end. I can't remember all of how it works, but depending on the salary/compensation that they would receive, perhaps the Kings are hoping for an offer sheet so they kind of get the best of both worlds assuming they stay firmly in the hunt this year: they'd get to keep Bernier's services for use this season and during the playoffs, and then get draft pick compensation if he does get an offer sheet and/or re-sign him and then work on the trade when things are more settled next season. I'd also have to think that his looming RFA status might temper what team's are willing to offer in a trade -- don't want to pay a sizeable price only to potentially run into issues keeping him rostered in a few months.

Some rank speculation on my part, but it actually presents the Kings with some interesting flexibility on how to handle this.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Icon

Yeah I hear you on that - got him fairly cheap a couple of years ago just before Quick really emerged and figured I had made a great deal. He's looked great recently, hopefully he can keep that up with whatever starts he does get and end up somewhere else as a starter next year. From the list you gave I can't see Tampa or NJ being interested (unless Lindback plays horribly for the 2nd half). Calgary would make a lot of sense...oh god please not the Islanders.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont see him getting moved until the draft at the earliest. LA isnt going to move him this season unless someone knocks their socks off with an offer.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."