Thread: Trading Tavares?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Trading Tavares?

MY: Tavares
    HIS: RNH & Rask
    I know, I know - blasphemy.

But right now, despite having green, burns, hanzal, lupul, hartnell sidelined half the damn year (literally 1/4 of my starting roster), I'm still sitting 2nd in goals and 6th in assists, while dead last in all 3 goalie categories (W/SV/SO) (deep pool and only drafted one goalie in Miller).

I've been scraping by adding and dropping backup goalies, but I think its time to make a serious upgrade (sitting in 13/18 and top 8 make playoffs).

How much is Tavares going to outpoint RNH going forward? (~30 games?) 10-15 points at most? Is Tavares just too good?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Please provide the rest of your roster and your league's settings. Hard to evaluate without that information

Dobber Sports All-Star

I almost see the trade as Rask for Tavares. RNH has little value this year so if you can live with losing all of the offence from Tavares, then it might be worth it for you. Personally I'd sell a lessor player and go for a lessor goalie that is a starter instead.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Newbie

Don't have access to pool right now but have parise gaborik hossa brown voracek benn callahan etc.

Dominating in shots/hits/goals/gwg every week - so yes I can afford to lose some offence/peripherals - is RNH really that bad this year? (Don't really follow the oilers)

Dobber Sports Newbie

Basically just need to know that this isn't completely lopsided - I think I really need a goalie and Rask is about the only top 5 goalie available. But everyone calling me crazy for considering this trade.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If only 2 or 3 out of 15 categories are goalie stats, then keep Tavares. If it's something like 4 out of 10 categories, I'd take Rask. This assumes you have bad goaltending to make room for Rask and Tavares isn't your only star skater.

Dobber Sports Superstar

At first glance I really like this trade for you. But as habs has pointed out we need to know the complete picture to fully evaluate so list:

Number of teams
    ALL scoring categories
    roster sizes
    scoring setup: roto or head-to-head (sounds like its roto by what you're written)
    max games played?

From what you've written I'd do the deal. I'm guessing its 6-8 skater categories and 3 goalie categories. Without a max games played its even better as you can roll Rask and Miller every night to rack up goalie stats (with no peripherals there is no downside to starting a goalie). Seems like in an 18 team league having 2 starting goalies would shoot you up the rankings quickly. RNH is not a slouch either, Tavares is several grades above but RNH is a hefty throw-in with a lot of upside.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR