View Poll Results: Huberdeau or Conacher?

Voters
118. This poll is closed
  • Jonathan Huberdeau

94 79.66%
  • Cory Conacher

24 20.34%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Cage Match Tournament] #1 Huberdeau vs. #4 Conacher

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

RE: Bomm Bastic

"Points only keeper league with one caveat - Don't be a perpetually rebuilding knucklehead. No one has ever won a fantasy league with just potential so value this season ABSOLUTELY matters. I cannot stress this enough".

The criteria above influenced my decision to select Conacher (In addition to the general point of view of my previous post)

I personally don't think Huberdeau will become an overnight sensation. I think it will take Huberdeau a few seasons to develop, become the face of the franchise and produce. Yes he has already scored a hat trick and put up numbers already, however he does not have the talent surrounding him as Conacher.

5 years down the road yes, I think Huberdeau by far will out play Conacher. In the short to immediate term I'll take Conacher playing well and riding the tails of Stamkos, St. Louis, Lecavalier and to an extent Purcell.
    Hockey
    12 Team Yahoo H2H standard scoring 1 year
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G
    G,A, PPP, SHP, Shots, +/-, W, L, Shutout

To be drafted.

Football
    10 team league. Standard Yahoo scoring. (Non PPR)
    Start 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex (WR/RB/TE) 1K, 1DEF, 1 defensive player

QBs: Wilson, Manning
    WR:V. Jackson, Patterson, Benjamin, Cooks
    RB: J. Charles, A. Morris, D. Martin, K. Davis, K. Robinson
    TE: Gronkowski, Cameron
    K: Novak
    DEF: Steelers
    IDP:Worrilow

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post

"Points only keeper league with one caveat - Don't be a perpetually rebuilding knucklehead. No one has ever won a fantasy league with just potential so value this season ABSOLUTELY matters. I cannot stress this enough".

The criteria above influenced my decision to select Conacher (In addition to the general point of view of my previous post)

I personally don't think Huberdeau will become an overnight sensation. I think it will take Huberdeau a few seasons to develop, become the face of the franchise and produce. Yes he has already scored a hat trick and put up numbers already, however he does not have the talent surrounding him as Conacher.

5 years down the road yes, I think Huberdeau by far will out play Conacher. In the short to immediate term I'll take Conacher playing well and riding the tails of Stamkos, St. Louis, Lecavalier and to an extent Purcell.
    Fair enough and rep to you sir for stating your case.

Flip side of that is, Huberdeau is doing it w/out help. At least not the level of help Conacher has at his disposal. Conacher is at 18 pts and Huberdeau is at 13. Not too big a gap to bridge, so ya have to ask yourself how would Conacher be doing on a Panthers team that currently sits at 13th overall in the conference.

Now I get what your saying w/regard to the "Don't be a perpetually rebuilding knucklehead" and it's a valid point. All I am saying is What Huberdeau is doing now, in addition to his upside far out weighs any five point edge Conacher now has.

Good stuff, msb.
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; February 28, 2013 at 7:51 PM.
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

His 13 points in 19 games scales to 56 in 82. Can't give him credit for games he hasn't played yet but few 19 year olds show as many positive signs right out of the gate.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    His 13 points in 19 games scales to 56 in 82. Can't give him credit for games he hasn't played yet but few 19 year olds show as many positive signs right out of the gate.
    Good point. Just glad I own him.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks Bomm Bastic
    Hockey
    12 Team Yahoo H2H standard scoring 1 year
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G
    G,A, PPP, SHP, Shots, +/-, W, L, Shutout

To be drafted.

Football
    10 team league. Standard Yahoo scoring. (Non PPR)
    Start 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex (WR/RB/TE) 1K, 1DEF, 1 defensive player

QBs: Wilson, Manning
    WR:V. Jackson, Patterson, Benjamin, Cooks
    RB: J. Charles, A. Morris, D. Martin, K. Davis, K. Robinson
    TE: Gronkowski, Cameron
    K: Novak
    DEF: Steelers
    IDP:Worrilow

Thanks Bomm Bastic
    Hey props to you for sticking your chin out.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Maybe Conacher outscores Huberdeau this year, but it's not a given and if he does it won't be by much. This is a case where long-term came into play for me since Hubs upside blows CC away, and the gap won't be big enough this season to ignore that.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar