Thread: Parise for Keith - reps for responses

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Parise for Keith - reps for responses

I'm pretty stacked up front but with my Mike Green my D-man keeper (we are allowed 1F/1D/1G keeper) either injured or not playing his PPG self I need some help on the back end. However, the price is steep. I was offered Duncan Keith for my Zach Parise. Tavares is my forward keeper so Parise wouldn't be kept and I would potentially drop Green if I got Keith. But Keith's numbers aren't phenomenal, for being on such a good team his +/- isn't great and his points are not bad, but not as high as I'd expect. Parise though has dropped off from his hot start and the way I see it I think it's an even swap with gaining a keeper D.

My inclination is to make the deal, what's your thoughts ?
    12 Team ESPN H2H Keeper: 1F/1D/1G
    Skater: G, A, +/-, PTS, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, FOW, TOI, SOG, HIT, DEF
    Goalie: W, SV, SO, GAA, SV%

Mind Your Manners
    Fowards: Tavares, Toews, T. Johnson, Kucherov, Backes, Turris, Huberdeau, Stepan, Kunitz, Filppula, Perron, J. Staal, M. Martin
    Defense: Letang, Carlson, Streit, Fowler, Johnson, Zidlicky
    Goalies: Bishop, Dubnyk, Pavelec
    Daily Start: 9F/5D/1Util/2G

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm a big Duncan Keith fan. Own him in my main keeper league. He may never get back to that magical 60+ pts range, but he'll always be rock-solid and fill up most all stats categories. I'd take him over Green any day as my sole keeper d-man.

Tavares is easy to keep over Parise. So, if you're not too attached to Parise, make the deal. In most any other keeper format (meaning, keep alot more than 1D/1F/1G.), this would not be an advisable trade. But in this case, why not?

I guess my only misgiving would be: are you contending this year? Can you win the Championship? If you are, and losing Parise would put that in jeopardy, I would not make the deal -- after all, it's all about winning your league championship. Year after year, if possible! Why else do we play?

Good luck with your decision.
    HHG - Amish Flyers
    10 team roto keeper (keep 17) w/50-man minors
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,H,Blk,P2D,SktPts;W,GAA,SV%
    6-Time League Champ
    Active
    F: Barkov/Gaudreau/Guentzel/Tarasenko/Laine/Point/Teravainen/Norris/Bratt/BSchenn/Schmaltz/Ek
    D: Hughes/Weegar/Trouba/Klingberg/Pionk/Ghost/Spurgeon
    G: Jarry/Kuemper/Husso/Ullmark
    Minors
    F: Robertson/Hintz/Lafreniere/Batherson/Farabee/Jeannot/Frost/Tomasino/Garland/Holtz/Sillinger/Johnston/McMichael/Podkolzin/Maccelli/Beck/Brisson
    D: Nemec/Lundkvist/Zellweger/Rathbone/POJoseph/Hutson/Fehervary
    G: Swayman/Wallstedt/Brossoit/Fedotov/Prosvetov/Vejmelka/Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by AFlyers66 View Post
    I'm a big Duncan Keith fan. Own him in my main keeper league. He may never get back to that magical 60+ pts range, but he'll always be rock-solid and fill up most all stats categories. I'd take him over Green any day as my sole keeper d-man.

Tavares is easy to keep over Parise. So, if you're not too attached to Parise, make the deal. In most any other keeper format (meaning, keep alot more than 1D/1F/1G.), this would not be an advisable trade. But in this case, why not?

I guess my only misgiving would be: are you contending this year? Can you win the Championship? If you are, and losing Parise would put that in jeopardy, I would not make the deal -- after all, it's all about winning your league championship. Year after year, if possible! Why else do we play?

Good luck with your decision.
    Thanks for the good advice. I'm currently #3 out of 10 so I think winning it all might be in reach. I just made another big trade: my Bryzgalov for Seguin. So if I do go through with Parise for Keith then hopefully Seguin will get some of Parise's stats. Losing Bryz isnt the end of the world I can plug in the occasional back up off the wire and get similar results. I guess I'm leaning towards doing the deal but want some more opinions.
    12 Team ESPN H2H Keeper: 1F/1D/1G
    Skater: G, A, +/-, PTS, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, FOW, TOI, SOG, HIT, DEF
    Goalie: W, SV, SO, GAA, SV%

Mind Your Manners
    Fowards: Tavares, Toews, T. Johnson, Kucherov, Backes, Turris, Huberdeau, Stepan, Kunitz, Filppula, Perron, J. Staal, M. Martin
    Defense: Letang, Carlson, Streit, Fowler, Johnson, Zidlicky
    Goalies: Bishop, Dubnyk, Pavelec
    Daily Start: 9F/5D/1Util/2G

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd keep parise and look to upgrade your d keeper in a different deal.
    Points Only Dynasty League - count top 6 F, top 4 D and top G

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

D: Burns, Letang, Carlson ,Yandle, Green, M Matheson, Niko

G: Markstrom, Rinne, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Stud

This is the type of deal you should be looking at making towards the end of the season. Keith isn't going to help you the same way Parise can for the rest of this season. I understand wanting to built up your keepers before it's too late, but at this point in the season and with you having a legit shot at winning, it makes so sense to move a very good foward for a very good D. Forwards are better to have than D. Also you got OEL so even if you fail to find a solid D by seasons end, I feel like OEL could be a very good keeper D, same thing could apply to Hedman as well at seasons end.