Thread: THW Mock Draft

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default THW Mock Draft

I figured Ross would post this eventually but I was just reading it so...

http://thehockeywriters.com/2013-nhl...ouin-decision/

Dobber Sports Deity

Interesting to see the thought of MacKinnon going to Buffalo. Imagine the 1-2 punch of MacKinnon AND Grigorenko down the middle for years to come there. Yowsers!

I dont know if the Oilers would pass on Sean Monahan or Nichushkin in favor of Darnell Nurse but these guys know more than I do. I think Nurse that early would be a bit of a reach. Everyone says the Oilers need D but they have some pretty good D in the pipeline already. They also need a big #2 center (who doesnt) and for that reason alone I dont see them passing on Monahan or Nichushkin if this is where they end up sitting.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Interesting to see the thought of MacKinnon going to Buffalo. Imagine the 1-2 punch of MacKinnon AND Grigorenko down the middle for years to come there. Yowsers!

I dont know if the Oilers would pass on Sean Monahan or Nichushkin in favor of Darnell Nurse but these guys know more than I do. I think Nurse that early would be a bit of a reach. Everyone says the Oilers need D but they have some pretty good D in the pipeline already. They also need a big #2 center (who doesnt) and for that reason alone I dont see them passing on Monahan or Nichushkin if this is where they end up sitting.
    Pretty sure Monahan would be top 5 on the Oilers' draft board. Think he'd be their #1 target outside the big 4.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Pretty sure Monahan would be top 5 on the Oilers' draft board. Think he'd be their #1 target outside the big 4.
    Absolutely.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."