Thread: Kinkaid called up

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Kinkaid called up

Not sure if he'll even play, but interesting potential for keepers I suppose since there's a chance he'll take Brodeur's job when he retires.

My question though... what is Kinkaid's long term ceiling? While NJ appears to be grooming him to take over in a couple of years time, I haven't really seen Kinkaid high up on any prospect lists. They seem to believe in him.

Any thoughts on Kinkaid's ceiling? Has he ever shown any brilliance, even for a short period of time?

Dobber Sports Deity

He had a really good college career which is why the Devils took a shot at him and signed him. He was recalled last season too but didnt see any action.

He's got solid numbers in the AHL right now so its not out of the realm that he could play if called upon. He's only 23 so he still has some seasoning to do down on the farm but if you have a good prospect setup with your league, he'd be worth parking in your farm. Chances are if you have a good farm system though, he'd already be gone and not a FA.

Starter potential? Maybe, but tough to say if Lou would ever give him a shot or not. He certainly looks better then their previous "next one" Jeff Frazee. Wedgewood is still in the ECHL this year so he's quite a ways out.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Magnificent One

axeman has said pretty much everything. i believe him to be the next devils goalie unless some trade or FA signing goes down. the devils are not known to throw big money at RFA's. yes yes kovy i know but that was different he was traded for and they couldnt just let him go.

so yeah kinkaid was a quietish signing and it does seem that he is the standout to take over. he seems to be very good and know what he is doing. the devils have brodeur and hedberg signed through next season and they both plan to stay and play out there contracts. so yeah kinkaid in a few seasons is very likely. figure after next season maybe they keep a veteran around to split time with kinkaid but hard to tell.

as for this season doubt he will see time unless its in relief. brodeur sounds like he will be back saturday.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Giant

i doubt hes going to get much time this season and i think the devils will trade or go the free agent route for a goalie when marty retires. just my opinion.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Administrator

I would assume nothing and be pleasantly surprised if he sees any action.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Just a guess but he may have been called up for practice reasons. With Brodeur experiencing a sore back, Kinkaid my be just someone to plug in to one of the nets while Brodeur rests and gets treatment. They don't play until Thursday and having not played since Sunday with 4 days of practice in between may be the amount of time needed to get Brodeur the rest he needs.