Thread: Handcuffs?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Handcuffs?

I recently picked up Markstrom for those 2 games he just played. Even though he looked pretty good in those games, it looks like FLA is not ready to make a move right now.

So, should I drop him and pick up a handcuff goalie for one of my 3 I already have? It seems like every team is playing on the same night for the rest of the season except for Anaheim, so to pick up another forward is picking someone up to sit on my bench.

-Khodubin - probably best out of 3 but how manty starts will he really get from Rask?
    -Garon - Tampa is doing well, and Lindback seems to be slumping...but is Garon any better?
    -Khabibulin - definitely not the future of EDM, but will he get a good run if DD is struggling?

OR...is this a waste of a spot?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
    8 Team H2H 4 Keepers, Roster of 20
    Nightly Lineup: Play 12 (6-7F, 4D, 1-2G)
    Stats: G(4), A(2), +/-(1), SOG(.5), PIM(.5), PPG(1), SHG(2), GWG(2), SHOG(1), W(5), SO(5), SVs(.2)

F: Neal, Eberle, Benn, Wheeler, MacKinnon, Marleau, Huberdeau, Lucic, Silfverberg, Hartnell, Stepan
    D: DelZotto, Edler, Green, Wideman
    G: Rask, Price, Dubnyk, Nabokov, Fasth

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's not a waste of a roster spot so long as you're not sacrificing offense for it. Your team looks odd to me though, you don't really have that elite talent up front.

In any case, I'd definitely drop Markstrom for one of Khudobin or Khabibulin. Boston's schedule coming up is pretty tight, and they might want to rest Rask for a bit for the playoffs. On the other side Khabi has been playing well but Edmonton sucks and isn't winning so he won't be providing great starts. THough with your league setup you don't get hurt by GA.

Depending on how your add drops work i'd probably go Khabibulin for now while he's stealing starts from Dubnyk...up until Boston's schedule gets really dense and then grab Khudobin to make sure you get all of the Bruins' starts.

Dobber Sports Giant

id go with Khabibulin.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree with Khabibulin now & Khudobin later.

Either one could string some good play together.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Is there any weekly transaction limit? Or limit on the # of starts per week?

If not, I'd just drop Markstrom (who got demoted back to the AHL I believe) and start streaming goalies - find a starter that night every night, and play him/her in that spot. There's 0% downside to playing more goalies - even if you're playing subpar goalies with 40% win rate and average of 22 saves per game, that's an expected value of 6.4 points per night for that slot (every night, not juts game nights), not including the remote chance of a shutout... with no risk from +/-.
    12 Team Keeper Yahoo! Points League

Keep 8 (max 1 goalie)

3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G
    Bench: 6 + 2 IR

G(3), A(2), +/- (1), PIM (0.5), PPP (1), SHP (2), SOG (0.5), FOW (0.05), HIT (0.25), BLK (0.25)

W (5.5), L (-2.5), GA (-1), SA (0.2), SHO (5)

Weekly Roster

C: Giroux/Ott/Stastny
    LW: Steen/Hartnell/Prust
    RW: Lupul/Callahan/Simmonds
    D: Karlsson/Letang/Burns/Green/Bieksa/Beauchemin/Goligoski
    G: Quick/Ward/Bishop/Khudobin
    Bench: Martin/Hornqvist/Ray Whitney/Backlund

Administrator

The thread title made me think it was going to be one of those kinky Lounge threads...

Bulin wins here.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks a lot.

@Bondon - odd? Yeah, I haven't been able to get a hold of an elite yet. They were all claimed when I joined the league afew years back. Hoping that Benn, Neal and Eberle may fill that role a a few years. The other guys in my league tend to hang on to them and don't talk trades much.

@ Cadence - 2 transactions per week. I do usually have a spot for picking up goalies or games, but with so many injuries thi season, there is no a lot of good pickups on the WW. Last week I spot picked up Vokoun for a game and dropped him for Markstrom for 2 more.

Thanks again to all.
    8 Team H2H 4 Keepers, Roster of 20
    Nightly Lineup: Play 12 (6-7F, 4D, 1-2G)
    Stats: G(4), A(2), +/-(1), SOG(.5), PIM(.5), PPG(1), SHG(2), GWG(2), SHOG(1), W(5), SO(5), SVs(.2)

F: Neal, Eberle, Benn, Wheeler, MacKinnon, Marleau, Huberdeau, Lucic, Silfverberg, Hartnell, Stepan
    D: DelZotto, Edler, Green, Wideman
    G: Rask, Price, Dubnyk, Nabokov, Fasth

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by najski View Post
    @Bondon - odd? Yeah, I haven't been able to get a hold of an elite yet. They were all claimed when I joined the league afew years back. Hoping that Benn, Neal and Eberle may fill that role a a few years. The other guys in my league tend to hang on to them and don't talk trades much.
    Ah yeah that explains it. It was just interesting to me seeing no real elite talent like a Crosby/Ovechkin/Stamkos/Malkin etc...or even a Karlsson or Pietrangelo or Quick or Lundy. Didn't realize you'd joined the league in progress.

Those guys should be able to step into that role in a couple years IMO.