Thread: Brian Elliott for the rest of the season

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Brian Elliott for the rest of the season

I'm looking to trade for another starter. I've been offered Ward + Couturier for Marleau and Elliott. I'm fairly desperate for G since Smith, Lindback, Elliott and the injury replacement of the week have sent me to the basement.

I'm pretty sure I would send Marleau for Ward 1 for 1, and I don't trust Elliott going forward. Should I trust my gut?

H2H 7 skater categories (standard without GWG but with FW) and 5 goalie categories (standard and SV).

Pull the trigger before he changes his mind? I will be left with 3 LW players, which is fine.

Do you believe Elliott has any value going forward? And if so, am I paying too much for Ward?
    Defending champ but still hungover

I would trade Marleau for Ward. The other two guys in the trade are a wash as neither will make a huge impact. It's possible that Elliott regains form, but I'm not banking on it. I expect Halak to get a lot of work going forward and Allen has proved himself capable if Halak goes down.
    15-team keeper (keep 10) - G,A,+/-,PPP, Hits, Blocked Shots, W, SV%, Saves

Forwards - Kunin, Trenin, Eichel, Bjorkstrand, Boldy, Pastrnak, Boeser, Caufield, Laine, Crosby, Newhook, Konecny, Farabee, Rossi (NA)
    Defenseman - Brodin, Hamilton, Zadorov, Severson, Forsling, Braun, Roy
    Goalies - Sorokin, Hill, Varlamov, Daws

Administrator

I'd prefer to go after a different goalie although this is definitely an upgrade. Ward is good but the Hurricanes just don't play a lot of defense.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ace

Seems like he thinks he's buying low on both players, which I think he might be. I've never felt good about Ward for good GAA, and I think Marleau will start finding the net again. How many teams are in the league? If it's a big league then I may be underestimating Ward's value a little.

Think you could get a more proven player than Coutrier included in the deal?

Thanks for the answers. It's a 12 person league with 20 man rosters, fairly deep. There really aren't any viable back-ups left, only guys like Bernier, Greiss, Khudoibin.. To give you an idea. Do you think Elliott will see many more starts?

I might be able to get Miller instead. Miller>Ward?
    Last edited by 150Swiftly; February 26, 2013 at 6:31 PM.
    Defending champ but still hungover

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 150Swiftly View Post
    I might be able to get Miller instead. Miller>Ward?
    No way! Ward will pull it together. Typical Hurricane fashion, saves the best for last. I've won a few seasons banking on the Hurricane's hot finish.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.