Thread: Drop Kipper?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Drop Kipper?

Kipper is on my IR, but I only have two IR spots, and now I need them both for Malkin and Karlsson.

I thought Kipper would be a dependable back up, but he was horrible even before he was injured. If I dropped him I would probably just take my chances with only Lundqvist on my roster for now. (we only start one goalie weekly) If someone snatched him up there are three other options available in FA (Pavalec, Nabokov, Theodore) in case of an emergency.

Safe move?

Dobber Sports Guru

I think you're fine with just Lundy since it's weekly starts and only one active goalie spot. Go ahead and drop Kipper if there's a good skater available that helps your team.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    Kipper is on my IR, but I only have two IR spots, and now I need them both for Malkin and Karlsson.

I thought Kipper would be a dependable back up, but he was horrible even before he was injured. If I dropped him I would probably just take my chances with only Lundqvist on my roster for now. (we only start one goalie weekly) If someone snatched him up there are three other options available in FA (Pavalec, Nabokov, Theodore) in case of an emergency.

Safe move?

Well, since it's a limited kepper, I guess you have to. You surely can't rid yourself of Malkin and Karlsson, so Kipper's the odd man out.

Unless... You want to limp along and hope that either Kipper or Malkin return soon. Depending how you're doing in your standings, you might just want to bite the bullet for a short while and hope he's back in net soon. Previously reports say he's skating again, but won't be going on their upcoming road trip. Malkin got concussed, but I read (don't have link) that his headaches are improving. Maybe he returns next week, but that's just pure speculation.
    Yahoo! H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, Daily starts
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN, IR, 3IR+
    Used 32/45 moves
    ---------------------
    C} Matthews, Barkov, Miller(RW), Vatrano(LW)
    LW} B.Tkachuk(C), Connor, E.Kane
    RW} Nichushkin(LW), Zuccarello, Rust
    D} Josi, Fox, Dobson, Carlson
    G} DeSmith, Daccord, Grubauer
    IR} Guentzel
    IR+} Demko

via GIPHY

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    I think you're fine with just Lundy since it's weekly starts and only one active goalie spot. Go ahead and drop Kipper if there's a good skater available that helps your team.
    I need to make room for a trade, so basically I have to drop one of Kipper, Pitkanen or Vrbata.

Rosters lock before the H2H playoffs though, so I'll need a back up by then just in case, and Kipper might be the best given the other options. Pitkanen is the most likely of the three to crack my line up barring unforeseen injuries. He's injured right now though, and wasn't exactly amazing prior to that. Vrbata is solid, but not flashy enough to have any trade value.

I'm having a bit of a tough time making a call on this. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Two On One View Post
    Depending how you're doing in your standings, you might just want to bite the bullet for a short while and hope he's back in net soon.
    I'm in first place, but I just had two of my best players go down, and currently have four IR eligible players and just two IR spots..

Edit: Sounds like Kipper will be back pretty soon.
    Last edited by GretzkysMullet; February 25, 2013 at 10:29 AM.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    I need to make room for a trade, so basically I have to drop one of Kipper, Pitkanen or Vrbata.

Rosters lock before the H2H playoffs though, so I'll need a back up by then just in case, and Kipper might be the best given the other options. Pitkanen is the most likely of the three to crack my line up barring unforeseen injuries. He's injured right now though, and wasn't exactly amazing prior to that. Vrbata is solid, but not flashy enough to have any trade value.

I'm having a bit of a tough time making a call on this. Any advice?
    Well if rosters get locked before the playoffs, you need to play it safe and have another goalie option just in case. Keep Kipper then. He's better than the options available in FA. Can't take the risk of Lundy going down and not having anyone to replace him.

Drop Pitkanen.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-