Thread: Crosby

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Question Crosby

Hey Everyone,

I took over a team in a H2H keeper league that is in 10th out of 12th. Crosby is on this team. There are solid players on this team. The league uses 4 at each C, LW amd RW, 6 D and 2 G. It's pretty deep. I need to add some depth to my Keepers and think Crosby is a perfect option to do so. It's a tough call moving him for sure but I need to make some moves to upgrade my team. The keeper rules are weird. We use end of year rankings and then out of the top 4 players (goalies not included) we can keep 2. Then out of players 5-10 we keep 4, and then we can keep another 5 on top of those. But I got offered Hall, JVR, RNH and Quick for Crosby, Yakupov, C. Stewart and Varlamov. Part of me says this is a no brainer and another part of me says hey it's Crosby. Do you make this move? This trade also gives this guy Malkin, Crosby and Giroux.

__________________________________________________ ___________

H2H 12 Team League

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPP, SHG, GWG, HITS, blocks and SOG.

C - Crosby, Kopitar, Henrique, Kadri, S. Koivu
    LW - E. Kane, Landeskog, McGinn, Boedker
    RW - C. Stewart, Yakupov, Purcell, Boll, Frattin (IR), Downie (IR)
    D - Byfuglien, Shattenkirk, Doughty, J. Johnson, Kulikov, Hamilton, Gorges
    G - Price, Varlamov, Pavelec, Fasth

We can also Keep 1 Goalie (total of 12 players)

Dobber Sports Star

No way. Keep Crosby and fix the team some other way.

Administrator

Crosby gives too much from a single roster spot to justify moving him. Fix your depth by scanning the waiver wire endlessly for gems or by making shrewd small trades that turn into big gains.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd try and see what I could get with Doughty. The guy is over rated, he only got one good season. He's an extraordinary hockey player but he isn't as valuable fantasy wise.
    6 teams, keeper, 12 Forwards, 6 Dmen, 2 Goalies and 5 Benched.
    Points only (2 for goals by Dmen)
    Limit of 3 seasons per player and salary cap of 93M.

Names in red are on their third seasons

F: Neal, Kadri, Hodgson, Backstrom, Conacher, Ribeiro, Hall, Zetterberg, Patrick Kane, Tavares, Kessel, Duchene
    D: Boyle, Kronwall, Pietrangelo, Subban, Weber, OEL
    G: Smith, Howard
    B: Tarasenko, Muzzin,Enstrom, Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I forgot to mention I got offered Karlsson, Oshie and 2nd rd pick for Byfuglien, Price and 8th. I wouldn't even think about this trade, but getting Quick could possibly land me Karlsson too. I think just spending so much time debating it means I am not comfortable making the move but, Essentially trading Crosby, Byfuglien and Yakupov would get me Hall, RNH, JVR, Karlsson and Oshie.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

How valuable are the round picks? Who would you get with his 2nd rounder and with your 8th?
    6 teams, keeper, 12 Forwards, 6 Dmen, 2 Goalies and 5 Benched.
    Points only (2 for goals by Dmen)
    Limit of 3 seasons per player and salary cap of 93M.

Names in red are on their third seasons

F: Neal, Kadri, Hodgson, Backstrom, Conacher, Ribeiro, Hall, Zetterberg, Patrick Kane, Tavares, Kessel, Duchene
    D: Boyle, Kronwall, Pietrangelo, Subban, Weber, OEL
    G: Smith, Howard
    B: Tarasenko, Muzzin,Enstrom, Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Sophomore

In this years 2nd round we had Marleau, Gaborik, Thornton, Backstrom (MIN), Boyle, Lehtonen, Moulson, Semin, Niemi, Pacioretty, Yakupov and Filppula. 8th Round went : Zajac, Fowler, Leddy, Neil, Williams, Gonchar, Souray, Gardiner, Neuvirth, Erat, Reimer and Saad.
    12 Team H2H (4C,LW,RW; 6D; 2G)

C - Crosby, Eichel, Duchene, Bennett, Henrique, Namestnikov
    LW - Landeskog, Kreider, Schwartz, Martin, Boedker, Hagelin
    RW - Simmonds, Gaborik, R. Strome, Draisaitl, Oshie, Duclair
    D - Karlsson, Klingberg, Trouba, Ristolainen, Gudas, Alzner, Borowiecki
    G - Price, Talbot, Gibson, Lehner, Pavelec

Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HITS, BLK, GS, W, GAA, SV, SV% & SHO

Dobber Sports Superstar

I fully agree with most, Crosby is the type of player you try to acquire and do not trade. Like others, I recommend you find another way to build, you have some nice pieces you can move, but Crosby should not be one of them.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

never make moves immediately for a team you take over midseason

for all you know that team is in 10th because no one was setting the roster since the start of the season

and while things will change take your players throw them into a spread sheet and sort them by rank and then do a dirty look at who your potential keepers might be

i have a feeling that your team might be better than you think it is and i think given the keeper rules of your league that you could potentially cripple yourself with a poorly conceived trade

without knowing how the players you are acquiring might lineup in your keeper settings you might not only be throwing in the towel unnecessarily but possibly trading for a player or two that you cant possibly keep or pushing out another player you have that should be kept

in a league where you can only keep 2 of your top 4 crosbys worth is astronomic

Dobber Sports Sophomore

He came back with "another" offer... Same offer but take out Stewart on my part. I just need some reassurance that I am in the right for rejecting this trade. It isn't necessarily a bad trade except the fact that it is crosby... there aren't many packages I would take for him.

In another offer I received was Byfuglien and Price for Karlsson and Oshie Plus a pick up grade from 7th to 5th. We can only keep one goalie and I feel like Price is one of the best. Maybe this is why the Crosby deal is a little attractive to me because I could probably swap out Quick in the trade because this guy is desperate. His Goalies are Bobrovsky and Theodore. But would you take the Price for Karlsson deal?

Dobber Sports Initiate

That Crosby deal is not even close. Do not accept that deal.
    12 H2H Pts - Keep 17 + 8 Farm
    Points for: G,A,PPP,SHP,D Points,+/-,S,PIM,HIT,BLKS; Wins,SO,OTL,S,GA

C(3): Getzlaf,Lecavalier,Berglund,Granlund*
    RW(3): Perry,Wheeler,Franzen(LW),Hemsky,Little
    LW(3): Zetterberg(C),Marleau,Duchene(C),Clowe(RW)
    D (6): Seabrook,Kronwall,Zidlicky,Giordano,Faulk*,Diaz*,W ilson*
    G (2): Luongo,Smith,Neuvirth

Farm (<200 GP/<100 GP goalie):
    C: Kuznetsov,Hartikainen
    W: Paajarvi,Greening
    D: Kostka,Martinez,
    G: Bishop,Gibson,Johnson

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Just got offered Karlsson, Oshie And Schenn for Crosby and Doughty and Giroux, Gagner and Subban For Crosby and Hamilton. I had posted after my first week that I was looking to tweak my roster and obviously Crosby is going to be everyone's target. I'm not going to go as far as to say that I wouldn't deal him but it would take a significant offer to pull the trigger.

I have tried to make smaller deals and have been slammed for the value I'm asking for some players. I'm not new to fantasy hockey but this is my first keeper league. But, I tried a byfuglien for D. Brown package to get a feel for this guy is asking and he countered with Desharnais and move up 10th to 9th round pick for buff. So, I don't know if I'm going to be making many trades anyways.

Dobber Sports Wizard

dont make any trades until you know what you really have

none of those new crosby deals are any better than the old ones

and as for your offer of byfuglien for brown you are lucky that the guy turned you down on that deal

you really shouldnt be making any deals in this league like i said earlier until you sit down and figure out what your keeper breakdown looks like on the current team

your team is not a terrible team as i said earlier its possible its in 10th place because no one was setting the lineup and for you to give up on the season and trade away crosby prematurely could be a horrible mistake