Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Crosby offer just got countered...

Dobber Sports Expert

Dale.... do it.

Pretty much the same scoring format as the WHA?

Crosby without a single doubt. Congrats.

Another great trade for you, you're on a roll.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Padawan

HE ACCEPTED. Holy shit I own Crosby! Victory dance/beer happening as we speak. Thanks for all your input.
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Accept this offer.. WOW.. You just struck gold my friend..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by kenzle1r View Post
    HE ACCEPTED. Holy shit I own Crosby! Victory dance/beer happening as we speak. Thanks for all your input.
    Very well done. Way to make it happen. Very big and exciting deal for you, congrats!
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Novice

Thumbs up

Thank you Ovi!! That's probably why it's good to have a complete community here at Dobber. I totally misread the original post...somehow the english language became foreign to my eyes. Excellent deal indeed. Hope it worked out for you. Will definitely be more diligent with my ramblings/postings.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

congrats on owning the kid... now the flip side... you traded what I think we can all agree was your best goalie in miller. you're going to lose a lot of points there... you're gonna want to try to find an upgrade in net somehow now... even one goalie slot is hard to fill every night... and I think the majority will agree that niemi sucks overall ... still a good deal just be sure you have a plan in motion to rectify your goalie problem... especially since you say the points system favours goalies...
    Limited Keeper ROTO pool, 10 teams. start full line up
    keep 2C 2L 2R 3D 1G (keepers in caps)
    G A P +/- PIM PPG PPA PPP SOG GWG
    GS W L GAA SV SV% SHO
    no max games, must have minimum 6 Dmen on roster

E. STAAL, H SEDIN, Lehtera, stepan, vermette (lw)
    D SEDIN, SHARP (c), semin (rw), doan (rw), Johansson (c)
    BACKES (c) KESLER (c), eberle, clowe (lw), grabovski (c,lw)
    SUTER, PHANEUF, GOLIGOSKI, shattenkirk, markov, boychuk, enstrom
    SCHNEIDER, bishop, S. mason, reimer, berra

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hagarty View Post
    congrats on owning the kid... now the flip side... you traded what I think we can all agree was your best goalie in miller. you're going to lose a lot of points there... you're gonna want to try to find an upgrade in net somehow now... even one goalie slot is hard to fill every night... and I think the majority will agree that niemi sucks overall ... still a good deal just be sure you have a plan in motion to rectify your goalie problem... especially since you say the points system favours goalies...
    I'll throw my hat into the ring here as part of the minority.

I actually think that Niemi is typically underrated in fantasy circles -- in fact, I've done it myself for a couple of years now even though I have Niemi on my roster; I've tried to move him for a bag of pucks a couple times in years past only to be scoffed at more often than not. Now I wouldn't argue that he is up there with the elite guys in terms of natural skill set (e.g., Price, Miller, Lundy, Rask, etc. to name a few). But the fact of the matter is that since he took over in Chicago and then got moved to SJ, he's put up roughly a 2.40 GAA or better (last year's 2.42 being his worst) and right around a .915 SPct or better (a .912 was his low, the year he won the Cup with Chicago). He's also hovered in the 6-7 shutout range each of those 3 seasons and tends to put up (or prorate to) somewhere in the mid to upper 30's in terms of wins.

The point is, that while he doesn't necessarily offer elite numbers, I actually think he's a rock solid fantasy goaltender. And this year, the guy's playing out of his mind. Sub 2.00 GAA and over a .930 SPct thus far, and the losing streak he went on had everything to do with the Sharks offense and really very little (if anything) to do with Niemi's play. I mean, he had a stretch of like six and half periods of shuout hockey and zero wins to show for it. Now, I'd be a little more wary of tagging him as my #1 keeper longterm, but the guy can more than hold down the fort for a while if, for example, one were to grab a young'in who might be available to sit on and wait while he develops.

As a personal dilemma of sorts, we can only protect 2 goalies from year to year in my league (this season being an exception due to the lockout chaos) and it pains me somewhat to have to unload Niemi at year-end so I can protect MAF and Markstrom heading into next season, whom I view as my long-term goaltending duo.

Just my two cents.

Cheers.
    Last edited by dejeanneret; February 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

What goalies are on the wire? I actually don't like this unless you can get a decent goalie for wins off of the wire. If you can, it's good.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Top G on the wire is Brian Elliott. But I have to say that I'm very comfortable moving forward with Niemi+Reimer. Keep in mind that we only start 1 G daily so owing two premium G means you'll have some games that get canabolized (not ideal!). Ideally you have one stud and one good #2. I think I have that as I agree with the above post on Niemi being underrated in fantasy circles. No he's not "elite" but his numbers stack up favourably against G that are way more highly touted. Miller is better, no doubt but owning both Niemi+Reimer made me feel confident that I could lose him as part of this deal.

For the record I'm also working on a possible deal to acquire Lindback. My thoughts are he's not great but should rack up wins.
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Dobber Sports Wizard

every year since becoming a starter niemi has beaten miller in your scoring setup so saying miller is the better goalie i am not so sure about that

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    every year since becoming a starter niemi has beaten miller in your scoring setup so saying miller is the better goalie i am not so sure about that
    I believe that Miller is a better G playing on a worse team. Having said that here are their stats with my league scoring since Niemi has a been a full-time starter:

2011:
    Niemi: 68gms / 553pts
    Miller: 61gms / 518pts

2012:
    Niemi: 60gms / 564pts
    Miller: 66gms / 569pts

2013:
    Niemi: 14gms / 123pts
    Miller: 17gms / 115pts

Again, I'm very comfortable moving forward with Niemi. Also Reimer has looked fantastic so as long as he can stay healthy (once he returns) I should have a nice tandem.

Dobber Sports Wizard

sorry i used the scoring in your sig thats not the league so i was wrong about niemi

better goalie worse team worse goalie better team personally i think such things are irrelevant

which goalie gives you better numbers under your scoring is all that matters

just like their are forwards and defensemen who are better in real life than in fantasy the same thing can be said of goalies

Dobber Sports Apprentice

has niemi underwhelmed me so much that I perceive him as crap when he's actually solid??? are those really his numbers for the last while... maybe I'm wrong, I just really think of him as a low end desperate pick... more like the run started and I got last pick... crap I guess I'm stuck with niemi... but those numbers aren't elite but still quite solid... still tho.. I wouldn't feel good going forward with niemi and reimer... but as I said.. having a feel for a league by reading one post is impossible... you got the best player... both in the deal and the world... hard to argue against it...
    Limited Keeper ROTO pool, 10 teams. start full line up
    keep 2C 2L 2R 3D 1G (keepers in caps)
    G A P +/- PIM PPG PPA PPP SOG GWG
    GS W L GAA SV SV% SHO
    no max games, must have minimum 6 Dmen on roster

E. STAAL, H SEDIN, Lehtera, stepan, vermette (lw)
    D SEDIN, SHARP (c), semin (rw), doan (rw), Johansson (c)
    BACKES (c) KESLER (c), eberle, clowe (lw), grabovski (c,lw)
    SUTER, PHANEUF, GOLIGOSKI, shattenkirk, markov, boychuk, enstrom
    SCHNEIDER, bishop, S. mason, reimer, berra

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like Niemi as a solid starter in this league format. However I was concerned about Reimer being my #2 G so I just completed another deal last night in this league to help me compete this year and shore up my G position.

I received: P. Bergeron + Halak

I gave: Zibanejad + Reimer + 1st round pick in next year's draft (will likely be slotted anywhere from 9th to 13th overall pick)

Gave up a lot of youth but I figured it was worth it as I like Halak a lot more so now I have a solid 1a + 1b combo in net and I like adding Bergeron's production going forward as well.

Dobber Sports Expert

You have won two trades in a row, good job.