Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Crosby offer just got countered...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default My Crosby offer just got countered...

A GM placed Crosby on the block and said he would move him. I immediately sent him what I thought was a very solid offer in Perry, Hedman, Miller (he has garbage G).

He countered with by saying if I swap out Perry for Toews it's a deal. What do we think of this?

The league is a 16-team full dynasty keeper with multi-cat pts structure (normal cats).

My team is a contender with a 3-1 record so far...here it is (starters in brackets):

(Toews, Perry, Benn, Statsny, Heatley, Stewart) Grabovski, Bozak, Briere

(Boyle, Hedman, Visnovsky, White) Orlov, Franson, Greene
    (Miller) Niemi, Reimer
    prospects - Zibanejad, McNiell, Atkinson, Brodin, Morrow, Trouba, Allan, Khudonbin, Enroth

Most teams run with 2x G which is what I'd prefer to do so I'm ok moving one of them. Is this a fair deal
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Pro

You lucky bastard.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Do it. And conduct the post-mortem later. You'll like how it turns out.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov

Dobber Sports Novice

No way. Toews has blossomed in the last 2 years & it takes a first round pick to acquire him & Perry. Not to mention the multi-cat stat lines out of 2 first round guys. I would think in a 16 team league you'll get far more mileage out of a Perry & a Toews, than a single Crosby. You've offered plenty & sometimes you need to step away from the table to see the cards. I wouldn't bail on Miller either.

Dobber Sports Pro

You don't pass up Crosby. Or Malkin. Or Stamkos. They should never be available. Acquire him and don't think twice.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krunch View Post
    No way. Toews has blossomed in the last 2 years & it takes a first round pick to acquire him & Perry. Not to mention the multi-cat stat lines out of 2 first round guys. I would think in a 16 team league you'll get far more mileage out of a Perry & a Toews, than a single Crosby. You've offered plenty & sometimes you need to step away from the table to see the cards. I wouldn't bail on Miller either.
    It's not perry and Toews, it's Toews instead of Perry.
    Miller is replaceable. Perry is better than Toews in a multi-cat(you caught a break there) and none of them are better than Crosby. I always look at deals like this in terms of who is easily replaceable. While I wouldn't say any of the pieces you're giving up are easily to replace, they're way easier than getting Crosby. You gotta take this deal and run. It's a steal.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Ace

absolutely giterdone.
    Team 1:
    10 Team Keeper, keep 16.
    Cat: +/-, PIMs, G, A, Pts, STG (PPG+SHG), GAA, SPct, W
    Roto, No Max games, weekly lineups - 12F, 6D, 4G - 6 bench

F: Benn, Bennett, Crosby, Hughes, Keller, Kopitar, Lindolm, Perron, Schmalts, Stephenson, Tavares, Thompson
    Bench - Lafreniere, Roslovic, Schenn

D: Chabot, Dahlin, Josi, Hronek, Morrissey, Schenn
    Bench - Sandin

G: F. Copley, Gustavsson, Skinner, Sorokin
    Bench: Merzlikins, Petersen, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

For me in hockey more than any other fantasy sport, if you are getting the best player in the deal you are usually winning that trade. You are paying to get Crosby but it is worth it IMO.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Click yes right now
    12 team H2H Keeper, Keep 8 and up to 3 rookies
    3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2Util 2G 6Bn 3IR
    G A PIM PPP SHG GWG FOW W SV% SV GAA SHO

C - Malkin, Backstrom , Koivu, Borgstrom
    LW - LeBanc, Parise, Ferland, Nelson, Aston-Reese, R Thomas. Hirose
    RW - P.Kane, Seguin , M. Granlund, JT Miller, Bratt, Donato
    D - Karlsson, Gostisbehere, Petry, Dunn, Jokiharju
    G - Rinne, Holtby
    Picks (Rd) - 1st - 13th

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    You don't pass up Crosby. Or Malkin. Or Stamkos. They should never be available. Acquire him and don't think twice.
    i concur 100%....accept the deal now. initiate happy dance after.
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Padawan

The counter was done in the message he rejected the Perry+ offer. So I sent him the expresse counter. Now patiently waiting to do the happy dance. Thanks for all feedback. I'll keep u guys posted if this actually happens
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by kenzle1r View Post
    The counter was done in the message he rejected the Perry+ offer. So I sent him the expresse counter. Now patiently waiting to do the happy dance. Thanks for all feedback. I'll keep u guys posted if this actually happens
    Result??? Or still waiting to initiate the dance?
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    C - Stamkos, Zibanijad, Wright, Norris, Seguin (RW), Larkin, Zegras, Zary
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller
    G - Andersen, Gustavsson, Saros, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Veteran

If he's jerking you around, bail. You offered plenty and now he's turning the hose on you. Most people aren't able to understand this but depth beats big names in a deep dynasty 9 times out of 10.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports All-Star

I'd rather keep Perry over Toews, still good offer to get Crosby.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Padawan

Still waiting...this GM usually takes a while to respond to offers...I think he only checks our league once a day to set his roster (if that) unlike me who's literally checking my leagues hourly. With that said I'm sure he'll accept as it was his offer...actually his exact words were "swap out Perry for Toews and we have a deal." I'd like to think it's a done deal based on that...

I also agree that I prefer to keep Perry over Toews in this format. However Toews has put up over 100pts this year in our format where as Perry has only hit 70pts. Here's an actual point spread of the players involved (so far this year):

Crosby = 145pts

Toews = 103pts
    Hedman = 87pts
    Miller = 115pts (G are a little overvalued in this league).

I plan to replace the 2 vacant positions with Ryder (70pts) and Justin Williams (60ish pts). That'll give me 2x G rather than 3 and I won't have as many games being canabolized as we only start 1 G daily.