Thread: Dobber Invitational: trade deadline change?

The Wolverine

Default Dobber Invitational: trade deadline change?

I just noticed that the trade deadline in the Adams Division is set at March 7th, which is the same date as was originally set when a full schedule was expected. However, with it extending by three weeks, this should change to be a bit more realistic to the real NHL deadline. However, Yahoo only has the option to move it to the latest date of March 21st and they are useless when trying to get reasoning for not having an option in April (post April 3rd - NHL deadline).

What are other leagues in the Invitational doing regarding this? Especially the non Entry leagues, which have returning managers and may or may not have noticed it already. In the RHRS, it was brought to my attention and the likely consensus is to take it off and have the deadline April 7th by using the honour system. Relative to the end of the season this is an appropriate date compared to previous seasons.

As March 7th is not far away, this is important to get it sorted soon. Thanks in advance.

If any of the commishes read this thread, please reply so I know it has been noticed and will look to make a decision.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

I'll look into it.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

At the moment, I'll see that all leagues change their deadline to at least March 21st.

If the time comes where Yahoo wakes up and changes their deadline to mimic the NHL's, we will attempt to push it to the true date.

For now, all we can do is set our leagues to the latest available date.

I'll send an email to all commissioners involved.

Thanks HF!
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

The Wolverine

No worries, thanks Gates.