Thread: Who to keep, Seguin or Yakupov.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Who to keep, Seguin or Yakupov.

Not sure where to go with this one. It would be hard for me to take both over Ovechkin even if he doesn't regain his PPG pace this year. There's already interest in Yakupov from one GM. He doesn't carry any keepers that I'd take over any of my 4 so even a 2 for 1 won't cut it.

I could offer both for a Giroux type.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Novice

Seguin every time. Plays a smarter game. Smarter defensively. GOALTENDING behind him! There is a short list of players that would get my money in a bet every single time in one-on-one matchups. Datsyuk, St. Louis, Brodeur, Ovechkin, & some others. Some guys will simply work harder than you on every shift. Watch Ovi these next few games! The fire is ignited again. So, he's a no brainer! But Seguin has come along in a better system, has a more solid foundation. Yakupov is being looked at to save the team. He's most likely going to get injured. Once he has enough seasons under his belt, he'll take his place on the band-aid boy list, it's just a matter of time. Just my .02

Dobber Sports Star

Yea I'm a Seguin fan as well...so we go one step further. Seguin or Giroux. The loss of both with the addition of Giroux and a solid waiver pickup I'm ahead this year. And probably set up nicely with my 4 keepers going forward.

PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    2019*, 2023

Konecny(L/R)
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krunch View Post
    Yakupov is being looked at to save the team. He's most likely going to get injured. Once he has enough seasons under his belt, he'll take his place on the band-aid boy list, it's just a matter of time. Just my .02
    Not sure you are giving Yakupov enough credit here.. This is a very tough decision to make, and one alot of owners dread to make.. Both these guys are going to be studs in their own right, its just which one is going to be the bigger STUD??

I respect Captain Krunch's opinion, but I just feel he isn't giving Yakupov a fair shake here and is just guaranteeing that Yakupov will be a band-aid boy throughout his career. Go with your heart.. Take who you think will be the star, and live with that decision..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Novice

I can agree with Z. Does a guy operate his team with what he "HAS" or with what he "THINKS" he has. Personally I think Nail gets way TOO much credit! Earn it. Seguin has the team behind him, he has his contract, as well as his place on the team. I meant only that EDM is few years away from consistent anything. The Bruins offer a more solid foundation as far as player psyche goes. They will definitely both be awesome. But Seguin plays the more well-rounded game, always has, & that won't change. As for Giroux or Seguin, trust your gut....I'd take Seguin. He just has too much cushion around him in a win/lose pass/fail kind of mentality. PHI has some work to do as well. You get to re pick your keepers at the same point in next season, so it's only a year.

Dobber Sports Novice

And a quick note, on the injury thing, I meant of the 2 (Seguin, Yakupov), & the types of games they play Nail will get hurt first. But yea, I do think Nail is a prime candidate for the injury bug. Him & the ryan guy both. Again, just my .02

Dobber Sports Star

Thanks for the help boys, but it has become a moot point now. (As I puke a little in my mouth) I sent Yak/Lindback for Halak. I'm set in net going into our deadline in 2 weeks. I'm happy with the return but will regret not being able to see the kid explode on my team....however after the trade goes through I'll have a ton of very good waiver options including Galchenyuk, who many believe is as good or better.
    Last edited by islefan31; February 24, 2013 at 12:43 PM.

PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    2019*, 2023

Konecny(L/R)
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    IR
    -Demko