Thread: Studs & Duds - Saturday, 2/23/2013

Default Studs & Duds - Saturday, 2/23/2013

STUDS

Multing Tasking - Pt. I

Alex Ovechkin was pointless in the three games prior to their win yesterday over the Devils. That changed when Ovechkin decided to remind poolies just how dominant he can be. Recording: 3G, 1A, plus-2, 7SOG, 1PPG, 1PPA, and 1GWG. No PIM?!?

Slacker.

Multi Tasking - Pt. II

Wayne Simmonds is quickly becoming a reliably dominant multi-cat stud. In addition to potting the GWG in yesterday's win over Winnipeg, Simmonds heaped on 5PIM. While his SOG will never blow you away, they compliment well his stud-like to-date totals of 15 points and 44 PIM. Seven points and 17 PIM in last five make Simmonds more than useful in points-only leagues, and man-crush status for multi-cat poolies.

Allow Me to Repeat Myself

Elite.

His goal and assist in yesterday's win over Carolina pushed Steven Stamkos to the top of the NHL leader board. Stammer now leads the league in overall points (26) and goals (12).

'Nuff said.

No Man is an Island

Unless your Evgeni Nabokov of the NY Islanders. Earned a shutout on 35 saves over the realing Buffalo Sabres. Nabokov now has wins in four of his last five starts. Periphs may never be anything to brag about, but for those poolies in W/L leagues, you could do a lot worse.

Honorable Mentions

While reading War and Peace on his chaise lounge, Carey Price stopped 17 shots, and got the shutout win over the Rangers.

Jordan Eberle and Sam Gagner's respective shoot out goals, were nothing short of sweetness. In fact, even Wayne Gretzky exclaimed "Damn, that's sweet!" In other news, Mike Smith is in need of a jock.

Landeskog is back! Yipee.

Tip of the hat to Alex Burmistrov. Despite his team's loss to Philadelphia, Burmistrov still managed a respectable 1G, plus-2, 4PIM w/19 TOI.

The LA Kings have now won three straight and are scoring at a pretty good click. Looks like the Cup hanngover has finally subsided.

DUDS

This is hockey heaven?

The Buffalo Sabres have now lost four straight, and six of last seven. In six of those, Miller's GAA has been >2.5 at an average of 33 SA. Vanek has but one goal in last five.

Obviously it's high time for Lindy Ruff to go....er...what's that? He did? When? Oh, I see.
    Never mind.

Making the Sabres Look Like Cup Contenders

Thank you San Jose Sharks. In the month of February, thus far, the Sharks have played ten games and won only one - averaging a mere 1.1 GF/game.

That's just bad.

Just me, myself and I

Yes, I am calling myself out. Last week I said the wins would be tough to come by for the injury depleted Ottawa Senators, and to proceed cautiously when considering a Sens net minder.

The Senators have won four straight, including yesterday's win over the Leafs. Shame on me.

Quick Hit

• Jimmy Howard and his Red Wings recorded a shutout win yesterday, but lost the four straight prior. I wanted to put Howard among the 'Studs', but his recent history demanded otherwise. So he gets a mention - but w/ a sideways glance.
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; February 24, 2013 at 8:07 AM.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

You're a funny man Bomm. Good stuff.

I liked your Ottawa bit, hilarious.

That said, I called out Howard on Wednesday (before his shut out he had some UGLY stats), obviously he has to show up and make me look foolish.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates