Thread: Hackett or Kuemper

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Hackett or Kuemper

Which of these guys is in line to "long-term" take the place of Harding?

I know that Kuemper is the "hot" name now, but Hackett looked strong last season when he had to step in. Ideally I would like to draft both, but who should be my first target?

Categories are Wins, Save% and Shutouts.

BTW... it is not for the team in my sig.
    Last edited by Hullofafan; February 24, 2013 at 4:40 AM.

Dobber Sports Pro

Hackett had a LOT more games in the AHL this season. That tells you who the organization values more highly. I take Hackett easily here. One of the more underrated goalie prospects out there. Backstrom on last yr of contract. Harding injury prone. There is opportunity here.

Side note: there are a lot of goalies getting near the pt of retiring from the league. Might be a good time to invest in goalie prospects now.

Administrator

Hackett has the inside track but Kuemper is definitely good enough to give him trouble or even force a trade at some point.

Edit: Don't discount the possibility of Harding retiring early if he struggles to find the right medication to allow him to continue playing. I know there is precedent of guys continuing with that disease but everyone is different.
    Last edited by ericdaoust; February 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

My long term vote is Hackett for sure. Kuemper is being rewarded for good play in the AHL but Hackett is supposed to be the goalie of the future and with Backstrom and Harding's status that might not be too far away.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Both are great but I give the edge to Hackett. He's been more well regarded in the organization for a while now and has top end talent. I think Kuemper is really good too but further away and may not be as good in terms of ceiling.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the input fellas. It is along the lines I was taking into consideration.

Will be handing out rep as I can.