Thread: Ditch one of these D for me ... but who?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Ditch one of these D for me ... but who?

Pietrangelo
    Letang
    Doughty
    Byfuglien
    Shattenkirk

(stat cats: G, A, +/-, PIM)

I have 5 pretty darn good defensemen, and will only keep 4 of 'em.
    Who's the odd man out ... and why?
    I gotta think Pietrangelo and Letang are shoo-ins to keep. But each of the other three have question marks:
    Doughty: Scored 67 once, great in the playoffs, but where's the production in the regular season this year and last?
    Byfuglien: injury prone? Outta shape? Or will he end up in jail?
    Shattenkirk: will this breakout season be repeated in future years?

Rep for insightful remarks ... as per usual!
    thanks!

Dobber Sports Veteran

The odd man out here is clearly Doughty. Why? Numbers don't lie and his tell a sad story. 1 season near 60 points and then an average of 38 the next two, sounds a bit like Tyler Myers eh?

The rest on your list are either far more proven or have a higher upside. Letang and Buff are more proven while Pietro and Shatty seem to have 70 point upside and have improved by leaps and bounds recently.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Stud

You get to wait until the end of the season correct? If so I wouldn't count out Doughty yet, but if he's still performing at a significantly lesser rate then the others then he's the guy you cut loose, but he still has a season to perform, and I think he will make it worth it before seasons yet. Right now for me it comes down to Byfuglien and Shattenkirk, Byfuglien is the better short term option, while Shattenkirk is the better long term option, I choose Byfuglien if my team is on the cusp of winning or defending champion or something along those lines, otherwise I go with Shattenkirk; all of this is moot if Doughty doesn't some what shape up before the end of the season.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

That is an embarrassment of riches. Doughty is definitely the man out. He certainly has the ability and in all likely hood will return to star form however the other 4 guys are already there and are all very consistent.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm with the rest here. Doughty is the weak link. I would suspect other owners in your league might not consider him a weak link though, when he heats it up a bit try and pull the trigger on a trade.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Deity

Doughty would be my drop.

Any chance you can trade him away for some sort of asset instead of a straight drop?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yes ... I have the luxury of retaining all five until the summer.
    And yes ... I am able to trade Doughty or any of them. It's a limited keeper pool so all I would want back is a draft pick.

I think you guys are right in identifying Drew Doughty as the biggest wild card here so far.