Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Prospect Goalies

  1. #1
    reeveta's Avatar
    reeveta is online now
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,230
    Location
    Barrie, Ontario
    Rep Power
    19

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default Prospect Goalies

    I am in a fairly deep head-to-head league where goalies are worth a lot. I have a space on my AHL team for a goalie. I am looking for guys with a shot of stealing a #1 job in the next 12-18 months. I know the chances are generally low (because most good goalie prospects are owned) but who in the group has the best chance of starting games in the NHL in the near future?

    Darcy Kuemper MIN
    Keith Kinkaid NJ
    Scott Wedgewood NJ
    Chad Johnson PHX
    Jaroslav Janus TB
    Calvin Pickard COL
    Karri Rämö CGY
    Leland Irving CGY

  2. #2
    One87's Avatar
    One87 is online now
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,696
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Rep Power
    65

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reeveta View Post
    I am in a fairly deep head-to-head league where goalies are worth a lot. I have a space on my AHL team for a goalie. I am looking for guys with a shot of stealing a #1 job in the next 12-18 months. I know the chances are generally low (because most good goalie prospects are owned) but who in the group has the best chance of starting games in the NHL in the near future?

    Darcy Kuemper MIN
    Keith Kinkaid NJ
    Scott Wedgewood NJ
    Chad Johnson PHX
    Jaroslav Janus TB
    Calvin Pickard COL
    Karri Rämö CGY
    Leland Irving CGY
    If I had to rank them in terms of starting:

    Ramo - Opportunity in Cgy after Kipper
    Wedgwood - " " NJ after Marty
    Kuemper - has starting potential, period... just not sure if it's in Minn -- Hackett
    League:Fantrax 20 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:H+B,FOW, A, G, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, S, SPct, W, GAA

    C: Giroux,Kesler,Seguin,Thornton
    W:
    Alfredsson,Iginla,P.Kane,MacArthur
    Marleau,Nash,Nyquist,Selanne

    D: Beaulieu,Boyle,D.Hamilton,Jones,MacDonald,D.Morris
    G: J.Bernier
    Bench: Jenner,Gordon,Penner, Salo - Kuemper,J.Howard

  3. #3
    9601's Avatar
    9601 is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    528
    Rep Power
    6

    Dobber Sports Apprentice

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    If I had to rank them in terms of starting:

    Ramo - Opportunity in Cgy after Kipper
    Wedgwood - " " NJ after Marty
    Kuemper - has starting potential, period... just not sure if it's in Minn -- Hackett
    I'd agree with him on that one. As an Avs fan I'll tell ya right now while he has been named "Colorado's goalie of the future" Calvin Pickard has Varlamov and Sami (I can't spell his name) to beat out. He has the caliber to be a starting goalie, just not sure if its with the Avs.
    [SIZE="2"]Keeper League: Drop four players after each year
    G A +/- HITS PPP SHOTS FW W GAA SVA

    Centers: Malkin (RW), Getzlaf, Koivu, Granlund, Bergeron, Kreider

    Left Wingers: Nash (RW), Hartnell, Ryan (RW), Kunitz, Ennis (C) Jussi Jokinen (C)

    Right Wingers: Perry, Giroux (C), Chiasson, Clarkson, Nichushkin, Vrbata

    Defense: Phaneuf, Yandle, Barrie, Erik Johnson, Trouba, Emelin, Mike Weber
    Goalies: Rinne, Schneider, Kuemper, Lehner, Fasth

  4. #4
    dmvincent's Avatar
    dmvincent is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,332
    Location
    Wolfville, NS
    Rep Power
    90

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9601 View Post
    I'd agree with him on that one. As an Avs fan I'll tell ya right now while he has been named "Colorado's goalie of the future" Calvin Pickard has Varlamov and Sami (I can't spell his name) to beat out. He has the caliber to be a starting goalie, just not sure if its with the Avs.
    I think I'd have Kuemper number one, but otherwise One87 had a nice list there. Hackett is every bit as good as Kuemper, but either one could have the number one gig with Minnesota in the future. I'll take my chances with Kuemper.

    Oh and the guy you're thinking of is Sami Aittokallio.
    Follow me on Twitter- @MacVincent1

  5. #5
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Rep Power
    92

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    If I had to rank them in terms of starting:

    Ramo - Opportunity in Cgy after Kipper
    Wedgwood - " " NJ after Marty
    Kuemper - has starting potential, period... just not sure if it's in Minn -- Hackett
    This list. I think Kuemper best combines situation with pure talent. Hackett is an obstacle but the two guys in the NHL might not have much of a future with the team.
    UHL Calgary Flames
    24-team H2H Roto Dynasty (G, A, GWG, SHP, PPP, PIM, +/, SOG, Hits, Blks, FOW, W, SV, SV%, GAA, SO)

    Capped article archive

    Montreal Canadiens coverage

    Twitter:@DH_EricDaoust.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •