Thread: Please help me.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Please help me.

Hey, I know this is a keeper league trade talk forum, but I have a question for your keeper leaguers.

I'm tired of doing one year leagues, and keeper leagues sound so much more interesting. I was just wondering how exactly a keeper league works. And, if that's too bold of a question, just how your personal keeper league works.

Thank you.
    Message me about your keeper leagues if you need another player. I'd love to be in a keeper league next season.

Dobber Sports Wizard

there are so many different types really

your best bet for getting an idea might be to go to the classified sections and look at all of the different leagues advertised and then come back here and maybe ask specific questions about things you might not understand

i am in 5 leagues and all of them are different some have minor leagues some dont

some minor leagues are call up and down some are call up only

1 allows 'prospects' to carry over free regardless if they are in the minors or on the big club

some limited keeper some are full keeper/dynasty

but yeah if you go to the classified sections you can get an idea for the rules for some of the leagues

maybe find ones that list the rules and the rosters and give a try at picking the keepers for the team and posting them for others to discuss thus gaining an understanding of who should be kept under what settings etc

your question is very broad and without knowing specifically what aspects you are interested in learning about pretty tough to answer

Dobber Sports Superstar

I may not be the best person to respond and give you an in depth run-down, but a quick description of the three main types of keeper leagues I know of is listed below.

Dynasty league or Full Keeper - you keep all players, year to year
    Partial Keeper - you keep a certain number of players year to year, and fill out the rest of your roster with a draft
    Salary Cap Keeper - you keep player based on a salary cap system

The other thing you can add to any of the leagues is a farm or rookie system, where you draft prospects and have a roster for minor league players for each team. Eligibility is usually based on how many NHL games the palyer has played.

There's many many ways to run a keeper, and you can tweak any league to your liking. The best thing to do is join one, get an idea of how it works and learn what you like. Dobber has a great description of a few keeper leagues on his site (I can't remember where, but it's not hard to find).