Thread: Marleau/Streit for Parise/Seabrook

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Marleau/Streit for Parise/Seabrook

Thinking of trading my Marleau/Streit for Parise/Seabrook.

Fair/good trade?
    8 Team Yahoo Weekly H2H (1yr)
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN, 3IR
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, L, GA, GAA, SV, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Eric Staal, Getzlaf, Ribeiro
    LW: Lupul (LW,RW), Hartnell, Elias (C,LW), Cammalleri (C,LW), Ott (C,LW)
    RW: Malkin (C,RW), Backes (C,RW), Seguin (C,RW), Callahan
    D: Pietrangelo, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Bouwmeester, Streit, Burns (D,RW), Wisniewski
    G: Rask, Backstrom, Bobrovsky
    IR: Spezza (C), Oshie (C,RW)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

fair...marleaus gonna take some faceoffs and is a LW so big plus there, parise for hits...Off. stats could really go either way. I like seabrook more than streit in your league for his hits/blks.

tough call for me...i generally like parise more than marleau but since its a one your league its a toss up. sorry i couldnt be more helpful.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
    fair...marleaus gonna take some faceoffs and is a LW so big plus there, parise for hits...Off. stats could really go either way. I like seabrook more than streit in your league for his hits/blks.

tough call for me...i generally like parise more than marleau but since its a one your league its a toss up. sorry i couldnt be more helpful.
    Marleau has 19 FOW this season... hardly noticeable.

Definitely the Parise side is a huge winner here, because Parise is the better player, that is all there is to it.
    12 Team Keeper Yahoo! Points League

Keep 8 (max 1 goalie)

3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G
    Bench: 6 + 2 IR

G(3), A(2), +/- (1), PIM (0.5), PPP (1), SHP (2), SOG (0.5), FOW (0.05), HIT (0.25), BLK (0.25)

W (5.5), L (-2.5), GA (-1), SA (0.2), SHO (5)

Weekly Roster

C: Giroux/Ott/Stastny
    LW: Steen/Hartnell/Prust
    RW: Lupul/Callahan/Simmonds
    D: Karlsson/Letang/Burns/Green/Bieksa/Beauchemin/Goligoski
    G: Quick/Ward/Bishop/Khudobin
    Bench: Martin/Hornqvist/Ray Whitney/Backlund

Dobber Sports Wizard

in what way is parise the better player

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    in what way is parise the better player
    ?

I think it's pretty clear-cut... Marleau had a great first week but that's about it.

Minnesota has been playing better and improving while the Sharks have regressed... obviously I don't think the Sharks are that bad, but for this season (and onwards) I think Parise outpoints Marleau. +/- should be better too if the Wild can keep it up.

In regards to peripherals Parise is going to win for SOG, Blocks and Hits as well. Not sure where Marleau wins here...

Keep 8 (max 1 goalie)

3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G

G(3), A(2), +/- (1), PIM (0.5), PPP (1), SHP (2), SOG (0.5), FOW (0.05), HIT (0.25), BLK (0.25)

Weekly Roster

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
    ?

I think it's pretty clear-cut... Marleau had a great first week but that's about it.

Minnesota has been playing better and improving while the Sharks have regressed... obviously I don't think the Sharks are that bad, but for this season (and onwards) I think Parise outpoints Marleau. +/- should be better too if the Wild can keep it up.

In regards to peripherals Parise is going to win for SOG, Blocks and Hits as well. Not sure where Marleau wins here...
    marleau had a great first week and thats about it huh

have you ever even looked at his career stats or are you just going off the fact that he has a vanilla name

you claim that parise is going to win at blocks and hits have you looked at those stats i mean last season marleau had 84 hits and 33 blocks to parises 65 hits and 39 blocks pretty even really

yes parise certainly shoots a bit more but in +/- parise certainly hasnt been better the past few years than marleau they have been around the same

parise may in fact be the correct choice between the two but there is no slam dunk here at all they are basically the same player one shoots more and the other actually can stay healthy well thats not fair he isnt injury prone but he missed a bit of time in one season

age works in parises favor but marleau is surrounded by a much better team than parise is

sorry but there is nothing clear cut about it

Dobber Sports Wizard

oh and 9 of parises 12 points came in his first 5 games if we want to talk about all of the points coming up front

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm not going to argue with you, we can agree to disagree. Just personally I think it's pretty clear-cut that Parise is the best choice.

Keep 8 (max 1 goalie)

3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G

Weekly Roster

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Marleau has 19 FOW this season... hardly noticeable.

Definitely the Parise side is a huge winner here, because Parise is the better player, that is all there is to it.
    19 fws from a player you can slot in at lw (and not center, being the point) is a lot better than the usual few that fantasy worthy left wingers win or even take. Parise has 1 for instance. marleau has never ended a season with less than 243 fw according to yahoo stats.

you dont see the value in a top tier LW that wins 200+ faceoffs a season?

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm not going to argue with you, we can agree to disagree. Just personally I think it's pretty clear-cut that Parise is the best choice.
    this isnt about disagreeing this is about you misrepresenting stats

you talk about marleaus points coming off a hot start and ignore thats where parises points came from

you claim that parise out hits and out blocks marleau when last season that simply was not the case

in your opinion parise is the better choice however you have not shown a single shred of evidence or factual statistic that proves that parise is a clear cut choice

back up him being clear cut with some evidence or something

you made a statement and i asked you based on what and you gave me some made up stuff

you stated as fact that parise was clearly the better player and that that was all there is too it

i am just looking for the abundant evidence that must exist since it is so clear so that i too can be a believer

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would advise you, khiyasu to ignore Cadences confidence. In a keeper league there is no doubt that parise is the better option but there is really no reason marleau can'l out point parise this year. Sure the sharks had a hot start but it doesn't mean that because they slowed down they are now a basement team. The sharks and marleau will bounce back, maybe not to the ridiculous pace they were at to start the season but they look better to me than the wild do this season. (marleau for +/- in my eyes.) Only stat parise wins for sure is SOG (i said hts earlier but meant SOG) and even then its not like marleau doesn't shoot.

As I said from the beginning I think its a tough one, which usually means its a good trade but don't decide what to do just because the name parise is tastier than marleau, in a one year league its different.

I think the trade really hinges on the Dmen, points go to streit peripherals to seabrook, what is your plan?