Thread: Trade Luongo? (One year league)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Trade Luongo? (One year league)

Hey, I'm in a one year league, and I have been wondering if it might be a good idea to try and trade off Luongo for a goalie that has similar numbers to him, maybe pick up a good goalie and another player? I don't know. But, I'm only thinking this because, Schneider seems like he'll be getting a lot of the starts this season, dispite how well Luongo is doing when he does start. Also, is it possible that I could deal Luongo in a 1 for 1 trade? For goalies such as, Niemi, Miller, etc.

OR: Should I try to make a move for Cory Schneider, and keep Luongo with him? It's a tough call for me.

Thank you.
    Message me about your keeper leagues if you need another player. I'd love to be in a keeper league next season.

Dobber Sports Wizard

maybe try to capitalize on fasths hot start and schneiders cold start to see if you can get schneider + for fasth

you can try to move luongo for a clear cut number 1 but i think that was something you should have done while he was in the middle of his 4 starts in a row as you might have been able to convince someone he was taking the number 1 spot back

now its an evident timeshare

Dobber Sports Ninja

I like the idea of selling high on Fasth's hot start and gunning for Schneider.

I'd take Schneider one for one for Fasth. Moreso given your situation. Secures all of Vancouver's starts and you still have the King....and once Kipper comes back he could be good trade bait for you to land a high end forward.

This is, of course, assuming that this is a daily start league and not a weekly one because if it were weekly I'd look to trade Luongo instead.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I like the idea of selling high on Fasth's hot start and gunning for Schneider.

I'd take Schneider one for one for Fasth. Moreso given your situation. Secures all of Vancouver's starts and you still have the King....and once Kipper comes back he could be good trade bait for you to land a high end forward.

This is, of course, assuming that this is a daily start league and not a weekly one because if it were weekly I'd look to trade Luongo instead.
    Yeah, it's a daily start Bondon. Well, it's a head to head league, but I'm able to edit my line-up every day. If that's what you were saying.

But I agree, selling high on Fasth is a good idea. Although I am kind of hesitant about giving him away when he could keep this up for the rest of the season, I'd be thinking like a rookie fantasy hockey player if I didn't make this move. Considering the owner of Schneider digs it (he's given me some steal of trades, working way in my favor, so I'm thinking it's a high possibility).

And indeed, I do still have the King, and Kipper should be coming off of his injury sooner than later.

Thank you for your help guys!
    Message me about your keeper leagues if you need another player. I'd love to be in a keeper league next season.