Thread: Wise to "buy low" on Suter?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Wise to "buy low" on Suter?

(in a non-keeper points league)....Or is his current pace likely what we're going to get? I've read elsewhere a consensus that his points were Weber-dependent and that he is in fact a defensive d-man.

I'm offering a forward i never use to a team with weak forwards, plus Carle and Zidlicky -- both of whom are usually on my bench in favor of Schultz and Kronwell.

I figure Suter would be a stronger alternative/backup.

thoughts?

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't see the harm, especially if it doesn't cost you a forward of value.

1. Suter
    2. Carle
    3. Zidlicky

Worse case scanario Suter produces at the same rate as the other two, and in the more likely scenario Suter out points both Carle and Zidlicky.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Honestly, if you ask me I think that Carle = Suter. I feel like it's a lateral move at best....that both guys could potentially net somewhere between 45-50 points in a full 82.

Carle though isn't playing for an anemic offense this year, and is playing for one of the best offensive teams in the league. I'd stick with Carle. I've nver been very high on Suter tbh.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i actually think suter is kinda overrated offensively

i think 45 is his top end personally

i feel 40 is likely where you will find him most seasons

thats not to say if everything goes right he cant approach 50 but i dont see him as a 50 point option

i agree that he is about even with carle thus including carle plus for him is a loss imo

Dobber Sports Padawan

My concern about Carle is that while he plays on a more offensive team, at least at home, he is not "the man" on the pp as Suter is (or Zidlicky for that matter). TB spreads the pp minutes around and it seems like Salo often is the main guy on the pp.

Dobber Sports Expert

I think I am with Bondon on this one, Carle and Suter are pretty equal all things considered.

I do not think that Suter is Weber dependent though. Suter has been playing very well this season (fantasy wise, I haven't watched any Wild games) and I think it will continue.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    My concern about Carle is that while he plays on a more offensive team, at least at home, he is not "the man" on the pp as Suter is (or Zidlicky for that matter). TB spreads the pp minutes around and it seems like Salo often is the main guy on the pp.
    production not who is 'the man' should be all you are concerned with

carle is only getting 4 fewer seconds per game than salo on the pp and carle actually has one more ppp than salo does

while opportunity is not irrelevant i think too many people place more emphasis on it than they do on actual production and to me thats a mistake

career wise the two are pretty even and nothing has happened so far this season to suggest that suter will somehow finish so much better than carle that the deal above is worth it

if you dont trust carle and want suter trade them straight up no one would eat your lunch for that however to add something to the unsexy pick in order to get the sexy pick and no bump in production doesnt benefit your team

the concept of buy low is to send something that under normal circumstances is less than what you are acquiring is under normal circumstances

the problem is under normal circumstances these two are basically the same player so when suter 'bounces back' you will end up with exactly what you already have

why trade what you have plus for the hope that you end up with what already have in the future