Thread: Elliot on waivers

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Elliot on waivers

Has Allen surpassed him on the depth chart? Will he get a chance to redeem himself and put up good #'s or is has he come back down to earth and just be an average back up. I have Fasth and Emery but have been employing the strategy of cycling in back ups as there are always at least 4-5 decent FA options for spot starts and i have 4 moves/week. Once Crawford is back i will probably drop emery unless it is looking like a possible split timeshare in chicago. So i guess would elliot be better to have than emery? I want to carry 3 goalies max
    12 Team H2H - 3C/3LW/3RW/4D/4BN
    G,A,PPP,PIM,+-,SOG,SHP
    W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C-Tavares,Stastny,Barkov,Stepan
    LW-Benn,Hartnell,Marchand,Panarin(c)
    RW-Forsberg,Carter(c),Kucherov,Johansen(c)
    D-Subban,Josi,Klingberg,Buff,Gostisbehere
    G-Gibson,Hellebuyck
    IR:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by holypuck View Post
    Has Allen surpassed him on the depth chart? Will he get a chance to redeem himself and put up good #'s or is has he come back down to earth and just be an average back up. I have Fasth and Emery but have been employing the strategy of cycling in back ups as there are always at least 4-5 decent FA options for spot starts and i have 4 moves/week. Once Crawford is back i will probably drop emery unless it is looking like a possible split timeshare in chicago. So i guess would elliot be better to have than emery? I want to carry 3 goalies max
    I feel like Emery and Fasth are this year's Elliott. Allen hasn't surpassed Elliott in the sense that with Halak healthy, Elliott is going to be the #2 still. Just expect him to get far fewer starts than previously projected. And if Halak has any more injury trouble, they know they can bring Allen up.

I think Elliott will bounce back a little, but I wouldn't take him over Emery until I start to see some indication of Elliott's game moving in a positive direction. If you have the room to pick him up & be patient it may not hurt to do so, but don't drop Emery for him. He could cost you a few weeks work of matchups in his current form.

He just became available in my league too, and I'm tempted to grab Khudobin or Gustavsson instead.
    12-team H2H (keep 6)
    skaters: G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,GW
    goalies: W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C(2): Crosby, Malkin(W), Brassard, Stastny
    W(4): Ovechkin, Lucic, Okposo, Simmonds, Stone, Trotcheck(C), Anisimov(C)
    D(4): E.Karlsson, Byfuglien(W), Yandle, ___
    G(2): Fleury, Elliott, Lehner
    IR: Schwartz, Ennis
    --
    6-team H2H (keep 5)
    skaters (6): G,A,P,+/-,SOG,PPP
    goalies (4): W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C(2): Tavares, Malkin(W), Datsyuk(W), O'Reilly(W), Eichel
    W(4): P.Kane(C), Hall(C), Forsberg(C), Panarin, Huberdeau(C), Eberle, Eriksson, Hoffman(C)
    D(4): Klingberg, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ristolainen
    G(3): Fleury, Dubnyk, Gibson, Mrazek
    IR: McDavid, H. Sedin, Nugent-Hopkins