Thread: Elliot on waivers

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Elliot on waivers

Has Allen surpassed him on the depth chart? Will he get a chance to redeem himself and put up good #'s or is has he come back down to earth and just be an average back up. I have Fasth and Emery but have been employing the strategy of cycling in back ups as there are always at least 4-5 decent FA options for spot starts and i have 4 moves/week. Once Crawford is back i will probably drop emery unless it is looking like a possible split timeshare in chicago. So i guess would elliot be better to have than emery? I want to carry 3 goalies max
    12 Team H2H
    G,A,PPP,PIM,+-,SOG,SHP
    W,GAA,SV%
    C-Grabovski,Dubinsky(lw),Hanzal,Monahan
    LW-Zetterberg(c),Benn,Cammalleri,Pacioretty
    RW-Giroux(c)Nash(LW),Vrbata,Purcell,Iginla
    D-Subban,Edler,Garrison
    G-Holtby,Schneider,Halak
    IR:Nash

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by holypuck View Post
    Has Allen surpassed him on the depth chart? Will he get a chance to redeem himself and put up good #'s or is has he come back down to earth and just be an average back up. I have Fasth and Emery but have been employing the strategy of cycling in back ups as there are always at least 4-5 decent FA options for spot starts and i have 4 moves/week. Once Crawford is back i will probably drop emery unless it is looking like a possible split timeshare in chicago. So i guess would elliot be better to have than emery? I want to carry 3 goalies max
    I feel like Emery and Fasth are this year's Elliott. Allen hasn't surpassed Elliott in the sense that with Halak healthy, Elliott is going to be the #2 still. Just expect him to get far fewer starts than previously projected. And if Halak has any more injury trouble, they know they can bring Allen up.

I think Elliott will bounce back a little, but I wouldn't take him over Emery until I start to see some indication of Elliott's game moving in a positive direction. If you have the room to pick him up & be patient it may not hurt to do so, but don't drop Emery for him. He could cost you a few weeks work of matchups in his current form.

He just became available in my league too, and I'm tempted to grab Khudobin or Gustavsson instead.
    12-team H2H Semi Keeper (keep 6)
    skater cats (7): G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    goalie cats (4): W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    6 keepers bolded
    -------------------------

C(2) - S. Crosby, E. Malkin (W), N. MacKinnon, P. Stastny
    W(4) - A. Ovechkin, R. Vrbata, T. Steen (C), J. Tlusty, D. Clarkson
    D(4) - E. Karlsson, M. Green, D. Byfuglien (W), D. Phaneuf, O. Ekman-Larsson
    G(2) - MA. Fleury, J. Halak, B. Elliott
    IR - S. Gagner (C/W), T. Vokoun (G), N. Horton (W)
    Next year's draft picks (1-6 are keepers): 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17