Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NBA Trade Deadline

Dobber Sports Pro

Hot damn, that's the best response from playing a little devil's advocate that I have ever gotten on these boards.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Pro

When do you think is the best time to stash K. Love? I have a feeling that he is going to cause a few upsets in fantasy leagues.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    Hot damn, that's the best response from playing a little devil's advocate that I have ever gotten on these boards.
    Well I watch every Thunder game and read as much as I can.

I hear the dissension on the Harden topic as well as with Perkins but I have to back up the plays on both accounts. For as brilliant as Harden was/is I just don't see how you keep him. In today's NBA the shooting guard position has been marginalized and I don't necessarily think it's for lack of talent. You need to have at least one perimeter guy who specializes in defence to really balance things out. Was Harden simply going to come off the bench for the next five years? I think his star burned too brightly for that, eventually there would have been issues, especially since even with Harden this team wasn't necessarily going to beat the Heat any more than it is in this iteration. I think everyone won that trade except for the teams too afraid to pull the trigger and give up a potential young star.

(Washington with Beal, Toronto with Valanciunas, Golden State with Thompson are all teams were rumoured to at least have had discussions about Harden.)

Ultimately the Thunder got a deal that helps them now and in the future.

As for Perkins, well I don't hate the idea of trading him. I just think there needs to be a clear and obvious upgrade if you do. Gortat isn't that guy. If we are talking Pekovic or Varejao (pre-injury) to name a couple of potentially available guys then sure I'd be willing to lose Perkins.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

When do you think is the best time to stash K. Love? I have a feeling that he is going to cause a few upsets in fantasy leagues.
    Oh man, I dunno. I've completely written him and the T-Wolves off ever since the second hand injury. I don't even know when he's coming back.

That's an interesting situation though because I could see the T-Wolves keeping both Derrick Williams and Pekovic at the deadline because they might trade Love this offseason.

Dobber Sports Pro

Bucks looking to be the front runners for Redick and Smith. Craziness.

Administrator

Bucks looking to be the front runners for Redick and Smith. Craziness.
    Monta Ellis on the move again?

One of these days Ellis is going to wind up on the right team and become the ultimate microwave guy off the bench. Same goes for Tyreke Evans. The really ought to just accept their fates as the next iterations of Jamal Crawford and Jason Terry.

Imagine either of those guys on Indiana or Chicago or Memphis or Boston or Utah or Atlanta I guess, LOL!

Dobber Sports Pro

Rotoworld:

Monta Ellis - G - Bucks
    Sources told ESPN's Chris Broussard that Monta Ellis is not part of a potential trade for Josh Smith.
    It's going to be tough for the Bucks to swing with Ellis included, let alone without him. There is conflicting information with less than five hours until Thursday's deadline, and we'll have to see how things shake out.
    Related: Hawks, Josh Smith
    Source: Chris Broussard on Twitter Feb 21 - 10:36 AM

I laughed when watching his interview earlier this year when Monta referred to himself in 3rd person as he compared himself to Wade. He would make an amazing 6th man. Tyreke needs to find his game again.

Administrator

Rotoworld:

Monta Ellis - G - Bucks
    Sources told ESPN's Chris Broussard that Monta Ellis is not part of a potential trade for Josh Smith.
    It's going to be tough for the Bucks to swing with Ellis included, let alone without him. There is conflicting information with less than five hours until Thursday's deadline, and we'll have to see how things shake out.
    Related: Hawks, Josh Smith
    Source: Chris Broussard on Twitter Feb 21 - 10:36 AM

I laughed when watching his interview earlier this year when Monta referred to himself in 3rd person as he compared himself to Wade. He would make an amazing 6th man. Tyreke needs to find his game again.
    What I've read on HoopsHype is that the Hawks really want to move Smith to the Western Conference. I assume the goal is to remain competitive but not have to face him in the playoffs.

Administrator

Now Phoenix is the apparent front-runner. One thing is for sure, Smith is going somewhere today.

PLEASE NOT THE SPURS... PLEASE NOT THE SPURS... PLEASE NOT THE SPURS...

Dobber Sports Ninja

I feel like the NBA is the craziest league in professional sports with regards to trades. There should be an NBA Tradecentre instead of NHL.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I feel like the NBA is the craziest league in professional sports with regards to trades. There should be an NBA Tradecentre instead of NHL.
    Definitely the best league for trades because rosters are so small relative to any other league the impact of a trade can have huge ramifications. There's also the star-driven nature of the league that is constantly pushing talented players to try and congregate in large media markets. I don't know that there is necessarily more trading in the NBA than in MLB or the NHL (definitely more than the NFL) but the trades often have more impact. Don't sleep on the fact that NBA realizes that movement is good and have several designs even with a salary cap in place that gives teams the flexibility to make big moves.

Dobber Sports Pro

It is. Especially after Lebron walked for nothing. The luxury tax makes minor deals likely so teams can avoid the steep tax, while no team wants to let an impending FA star walk for free. Makes for a ton of chatter. Hopefully some great movement too...

Administrator

Celtics taking another run at Tyreke Evans. Can't imagine how they'd get him but he could really turn into something on the right team.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Heard rumours Celtics are shopping Rondo. Any truth to them?

Dobber Sports Pro

Heard rumours Celtics are shopping Rondo. Any truth to them?
    Not very likely.