Thread: Rinne/Crosby

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Rinne/Crosby

In a Yahoo! standard Roto (that also counts hits), I'm thinking about giving up Backes and Rinne for Crosby/Holtby

I'm crushing everyone in hits, getting killed in +/-, and assists.

My thoughts are that Rinne will regress back toward his career save percentage, and Holtby has gotta end up somewhere around a .915 save % for the rest of the year, so they might be somewhere near equal value.

My other goalies are Emery, Fasth, and Crawford, so as you can imagine, I have top place in all goalie categories.

Am I crazy to give up Rinne and a great multicat guy, like Backes, for Crosby and a mediocre goalie?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I like this deal a lot for you.
    12 Team Keeper Yahoo! Points League

Keep 8 (max 1 goalie)

3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G
    Bench: 6 + 2 IR

G(3), A(2), +/- (1), PIM (0.5), PPP (1), SHP (2), SOG (0.5), FOW (0.05), HIT (0.25), BLK (0.25)

W (5.5), L (-2.5), GA (-1), SA (0.2), SHO (5)

Weekly Roster

C: Giroux/Ott/Stastny
    LW: Steen/Hartnell/Prust
    RW: Lupul/Callahan/Simmonds
    D: Karlsson/Letang/Burns/Green/Bieksa/Beauchemin/Goligoski
    G: Quick/Ward/Bishop/Khudobin
    Bench: Martin/Hornqvist/Ray Whitney/Backlund

Dobber Sports Stud

You are addressing a weakness by trading away areas/stats where you are already out ahead - solid strategy. Further, you get a top 3 player back.

Given than you have both Chicago goalies (would be more leary with Crawford missing time if you didn't have Emery) and we are a third of the way through the season (i.e. your good goalie stats to date will help balance off any poor performaces going forward) I would most definitely take this deal.

You have incredible fire power up front and can always look to move some of it for more G help if needed.

Pull the trigger.

Dobber Sports Wizard

is the other guy on board with this

Dobber Sports Novice

Yeah I think so. He originally wanted a few of the better players on my team with Fasth, after turning down a deal involving the Chi goalies. The way I see it, unless chicago goes without a loss this year, and Rinne gives up about 60 goals in a 40-start campaign, all my goalies are ripe for regression and I might as well pick up a dominant player while people still want them. Rinne will finish top-5 goalie, maybe the top goalie, but if you're getting Crosby, you're getting Crosby, right?

Dobber Sports Wizard

if he is on board what are you putzing around with us for get the deal done