Thread: Nash deal? Need goalie help

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Nash deal? Need goalie help

Deal currently offered to me is.... Luongo and Purcell for Nash.

Now, I just scooped up Lehtonen last night on waivers from some half-wit that dropped him... so I don't necessarily feel as much pressure to make the move. I had Bachman for a few spot starts but he's just killing my averages....

It's a 12-team roto league.. I'm in the top 33% in all offensive categories, but obviously my goalie stats are hurting. I've been hovering between #4-8 all year.

My thoughts are... I could do this deal, and between Lehtonen, Luongo, and Ward... and if I can keep pace offensively... I'd start shooting up the standings rather quickly.

Thoughts?

C Sedin
    C Kopitar
    LW Nash
    LW Lucic
    RW Clarkson
    RW Kane
    D Markov
    D Hedman
    D Zidlicky
    D Phaneuf

G Ward, Dubnyk, Hiller

Simmonds
    Franzen
    Visnovsky
    Schenn

Super Moderator

I kind of think you're fine as is. Now if you're nervous about Nash's injury that's another thing but will Luongo getting only half the starts for the rest of year really be a big help to you? I think the Lehtonen pick up kind of solidifies your net situation.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Now if you're nervous about Nash's injury that's another thing
    That's exactly what it was... deal came in to me yesterday afternoon. Right at game time I see Nash is out, and now I'm reading all the concussion speculation.

Truth be told, while I was waiting for a mod to approve this post, I got panicky and pulled the trigger. Also, against my better judgement in the past, I'm thinking Luongo keeps it together this year, and, even if he is traded, should provide better goalie numbers than what I've been getting. If he goes to Florida... ugh.. we'll see.

The acquisition of Purcell as an extra body has forced me to keep Franzen on IR for tomorrow's game vs CBL, so I'm looking for a drop

::scans roster for imminent cold streaks::