Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trying to land Lundqvist..Help!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by NJDev803 View Post
    I've been thinking of other goalies to pursue since I found out it wouldn't be Lundqvist, and I'm thinking:

1. Quick - best time to buy if you believe in a turnaround
    2. Smith - somewhat inconsistent but plays in a great system
    3. Price - on top of his game and clear control of Montreal's starts
    4. Halak - has been hurt so health is a question, also STL hasn't been the airtight D we expect from Hitchcock lately
    5. Rinne - everything and the kitchen sink to get him now, I'm sure
    6. Rask - see Rinne (guy's also in 1st place)

The Quick owner also owns Smith, so one of those two may be easiest to pry away. His Centers also need help (Skinner, Marchand, Turris, Saku Koivu). Perhaps there's something for me there?
    quick and smith are actually your only shot anyway

rinne and rask like you said not happening

price the time to move on him was prior to this season it is now too late for that

halak injured or not forget him as well there will be no more timeshare going on unless they keep allen up because elliot is just terrible

so that leaves quick and smith

Dobber Sports Newbie

Rinne obviously is a no brainer but as you said, it will take A LOT to get him and maybe A LOT is still not enough. I know if i had him (I do in one league), he would/is borderline untouchable.

From your list, i honestly think the time to strike on Halak is NOW. You need to strike and try to land him before he takes the ball and runs with it.
    St. Louis will have to send Allen back to the minors because Elliott would have to clear waivers and they won't want to risk losing him for nothing. They will try to reap some sort of compensation first. However, don't expect to see him playing much, so hopefully the Halak owner is not that keen or lacks the vision to see that and you can land him. I think you need to try and make that deal within the next week or else his value is only going to go up.
    Halak has been ultra consistent the last few years. Yes he split time with Elliot last year but he is still consistent and Hitchcock still employs a good defensive system and they're a good young team. He just missed a couple weeks and comes back and gives up 1 goal in almost 65 minutes of hockey.

Rask i think will be easier to get than Rinne, but depending on who the owner is, you may have to give up a lot there too. But i would definitely kick some tires for sure

Price is a fantastic goaltender but i'm still not sold on Montreal as a team. I think they are playing a little over their heads right now.

you are right that Smith and Quick may be your best bet, because he has something to fall back on.
    I would give up Skinner for Quick in a heartbeat. I would NOT give up Marchand. I think his offense and penalty potential makes him extremely valuable.
    Skinner is a great player but is now going through his 3rd concussion in two years. He had 2 last year. I would move Turris or Saku Koivu too but i don't think Saku would interest him.
    Quick will still probably be harder to get but LA still has more potential to consistently win than Phoenix does.

And also, don't discredit that Miller who has a history of turing things around will also reap the benefits of a new system and new coach.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy_Up View Post
    you are right that Smith and Quick may be your best bet, because he has something to fall back on.
    I would give up Skinner for Quick in a heartbeat. I would NOT give up Marchand. I think his offense and penalty potential makes him extremely valuable.
    Skinner is a great player but is now going through his 3rd concussion in two years. He had 2 last year. I would move Turris or Saku Koivu too but i don't think Saku would interest him.
    Quick will still probably be harder to get but LA still has more potential to consistently win than Phoenix does.

And also, don't discredit that Miller who has a history of turing things around will also reap the benefits of a new system and new coach.
    Just to clarify, the Quick/Smith owner is also the Skinner/Marchand/Turris owner. My team is in my signature.

What I was saying is that the price to acquire either Quick/Smith may have just gone down a bit out of the other GM's desperation for Center help since he is losing Skinner to the concussion.

I'm comfortable moving Miller/Getzlaf for an upgrade, but now I'm wondering if it would take less than that to acquire either of his two goalies. Maybe Lindback/Getzlaf? Or if it's Miller/Getzlaf then I could perhaps try and get a goalie + D (Phaneuf?)

Which is the better target, Quick or Smith, if I go for one?
    Also I'll kick the tires on Rask and Halak but not sure I'll get anywhere, but won't hurt to try.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by NJDev803 View Post
    Just to clarify, the Quick/Smith owner is also the Skinner/Marchand/Turris owner. My team is in my signature.

What I was saying is that the price to acquire either Quick/Smith may have just gone down a bit out of the other GM's desperation for Center help since he is losing Skinner to the concussion.

I'm comfortable moving Miller/Getzlaf for an upgrade, but now I'm wondering if it would take less than that to acquire either of his two goalies. Maybe Lindback/Getzlaf? Or if it's Miller/Getzlaf then I could perhaps try and get a goalie + D (Phaneuf?)

Which is the better target, Quick or Smith, if I go for one?
    Also I'll kick the tires on Rask and Halak but not sure I'll get anywhere, but won't hurt to try.
    Ahhh, gotcha;

My mistake, i'm new to this chat forum lol

umm, I am a firm believer of you NEVER give your best offer first. If you're giving up Getzlaf, i would definitely would not be including Miller in that deal for Quick or Smith alone.

Honestly, with Miller, Kipper, Lindback and Fasth, i think your bigger issue is with wingers or depth on defense.

If there are only 12 teams in the league and only 16 roster spots with 2 IR positions, there HAS to be a couple quality players available in the Free Agent list.

What i would do is look to trade two of your guys for one higher end guy and then look to replace the other player with someone from the free agent pool.

With Kesler back now and Crosby, obviously your centre ice is pretty solid with Getzlaf and Roy too.

I honestly don't mind your goaltenders at all. Especially if Fasth keeps playing this well. I think you may be rushing into a deal trying to give up both Getzlaf and Miller just to secure Quick. If you can get Marchand back in return who can also be a wing position, then i think you're on to something.

What about something like this:
    Getzlaf, Miller, Steen and Visnovsky or Faulk
    for
    Quick or Smith, Marchand and Phaneuf

He would get two Centre's to help him out there and a goalie to replace the one he lost and a D to sort of help replace losing Phaneuf. You get the goalie you want, plus marchand to help you out on wing and PIM's, plus Phaneuf to help with your D depth.

The D is totally up to you, i just added it cuz you mentioned an interest in Phaneuf

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I actually just made a trade and it got processed today so I have to update my signature. Just sent Purcell/Steen and got Iginla/Versteeg. Dropped Versteeg to pick up Voracek.

I agree that Getzlaf/Miller is overpayment for either of those goalies. But a Center is expendable and I think Getz could fetch the biggest return. His D is Phaneuf, Hamonic, Bieksa, and Giordano. So really Phaneuf would be the only one I'd consider taking back. Losing Karlsson killed my corps.

Actually pretty thin FA pool out there in my league...best D available are Carlson, Fowler, Bogosian, Spurgeon, Corvo, Salo, Gilbert, Hamilton.

I'm curious to see what happens to Miller and Buffalo now. Risky to keep him and risky to trade him if they respond to their new coach. Indifferent towards Lindback, and with Fasth it's still to early to tell.

So I guess I really just want a goalie that I KNOW what I'm going to get from him.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek