Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trying to land Lundqvist..Help!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Trying to land Lundqvist..Help!

If it sounds familiar, it's because it is. I sent an offer of Getzlaf/Miller for his Lundqvist/Ryan Whitney.

Unfortunately for me he just lost Enstrom to IR, so he may feel that he needs to keep Whitney now. I planned on just dropping Whitney to activate Kesler from my IR, but I just landed Iginla/Versteeg for my Purcell/Steen, and I now plan on dropping Versteeg to make room for Kesler.

So basically I don't need to do the fake "2-for-2" trade anymore, but I still really want Lundqvist.

I'm thinking of now offering:

Getzlaf/Miller/one of my D (not Letang) FOR Lundqvist/Whitney/Backes.

If Whitney's not worth keeping, there are some notable FA: Carlson, Corvo, Bogosian, Fowler (returning soon?), Spurgeon, Dillon.

Any help much appreciated! Still trying to claw my way up from the bottom. Thanks guys!
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Wizard

if i had lundqvist and was told players were off the table i likely wouldnt be interested in dealing with you to be honest

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Haven't taken anyone off the table, just trying to put together another decent offer. Ideally I'd like to keep Letang.

This guy is not a hockey fan and has never played fantasy before
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

Dobber Sports Wizard

well then make him an offer if he isnt a hockey fan and has never played fantasy before i am not sure how much insight a group of fantasy hockey nuts are going to be into what might float the guys boat

maybe start by asking him if he is willing to trade lundqvist

Dobber Sports Expert

Getzlaf/Miller for Lundqvist is a fair offer. In a keeper, I would turn it down but in a one year league I would jump on it IMO.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    well then make him an offer if he isnt a hockey fan and has never played fantasy before i am not sure how much insight a group of fantasy hockey nuts are going to be into what might float the guys boat

maybe start by asking him if he is willing to trade lundqvist
    I've already sent an offer of Getzlaf/Miller for Lundqvist/Whitney a few days ago. He said he'd do some research and let me know. But since then he's just lost Enstrom, so he will need a D (either Whitney, or someone else)

I made my pitch by saying that Miller's and Lundqvist's season-stats are not too far off each other (they're really not), and that Getzlaf was a big offensive upgrade to Whitney (who is his 5th Dman). He needs Center help, and I can afford to move Getzlaf since I got Kesler back.

Basically my question comes down to this:

Can I afford to try and ship out one of my D and replace him with the talent that's sitting in free agency?

I lost Karlsson for the year and that's a big hit, but I've also been bottom-of-the-barrel in all peripheral goalie stats so I'm really trying to land a top G to boost my GAA, Sv%, and get the occasional shutout.

Thanks for the input. It's the fantasy hockey nuts' advice like your's that help get me a huge jump up over the competition.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Getzlaf/Miller for Lundqvist is a fair offer. In a keeper, I would turn it down but in a one year league I would jump on it IMO.
    Thanks for the reply

Are you more inclined to accept it for Getzlaf's offensive contributions or because you think Miller will not be too far off Lundqvist's stats?

Buffalo is giving up A TON of shots and I just think that's a bad sign for Miller going forward. I know his stock isn't near its peak while I'm trying to unload him but I need to start having some consistency in goal.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

Dobber Sports Wizard

what defenseman are you talking about other than letang the rest dont look like they are providing you with much value over wire material anyway

Dobber Sports Apprentice

what defenseman are you talking about other than letang the rest dont look like they are providing you with much value over wire material anyway
    Visnovsky has looked promising on Long Island so far, granted it's a very small sample size, but he's their PP-guy. Doughty has been underperforming all season but we know what the potential is there. Faulk I scooped up because I needed a 4th D-man, and he plays top minutes for Carolina and is on their #1 PP unit, too.

Visnovsky and Doughty have the "name" attached to them, which might push their value up a bit.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by NJDev803 View Post
    Visnovsky has looked promising on Long Island so far, granted it's a very small sample size, but he's their PP-guy. Doughty has been underperforming all season but we know what the potential is there. Faulk I scooped up because I needed a 4th D-man, and he plays top minutes for Carolina and is on their #1 PP unit, too.

Visnovsky and Doughty have the "name" attached to them, which might push their value up a bit.
    no i get all that the reason i asked is because you were curious if the 'drop off' from one of your guys to the wire was something to worry about

i was just pointing out it isnt like your guys are tearing shit up right now anyway so if what they are doing right now is keeping you competitive and you only need to replace that production and not their ideal production you should do fine with a wire guy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

no i get all that the reason i asked is because you were curious if the 'drop off' from one of your guys to the wire was something to worry about

i was just pointing out it isnt like your guys are tearing shit up right now anyway so if what they are doing right now is keeping you competitive and you only need to replace that production and not their ideal production you should do fine with a wire guy
    Oh I gotcha...yeah I guess I'm more worried about missing out on their 'potential' production as opposed to their current production (not too much).

Is Carlson my best option out of the ones I listed?
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

Dobber Sports Wizard

i prefer bogosian out of that group

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The only players I would consider trading Lundqvist for are crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Tavares.

or potentially the following goalies: Rask, Quick, Rinnne, Price

Miller is middle of the pack goalie but he is a workhorse. Getzlaf is very unreliable. Takes too many nights off.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Honestly, i'm not a huge fan of the stat categories in your league. It really values only pure offensive guys.

A guy like Getzlaf in a league with points, PIMs and maybe hits, becomes that much more valuable. If it were a league like that, i wouldn't move him at all, but in your league where its pure offense other than PIMs and shots, i wouldn't have an issue moving him.

Backes is another one i would actually go after even more than Lundqivst if you had stats like Hits, Faceoffs and blocks. He is almost one of the most dynamic fantasy players there is, because he provides good numbers in every single category in the fantasy sports game.

Also, John Calrson is another terrific player when you have categories like shots, hits and blocks. He does play PP in Washington and i would take him over Whitney any day. Whitney will never see the PP in edmonton unless Schultz gets hurt.

Lundqivst is not off to a stellar start and Miller has a history of slow starts. I would be cautious about giving up too much for Lundqivst. I would try to be more careful about when you start miller or try to find another goaltender to help with wins, instead of going after an all or nothing type of guy. If you're going to overpay, i think i would over pay with Rinne myself or even Rask or Fluery because i think Boston and Pittsburgh will win more than they lose. Rask would probably be the guy for me and you may even be able to get him for Getzlaf alone. Then i would secure Khodobin if available and you're set with Boston as your goalies. (Good team to have)

You may be able to move Miller for Halak right now with the injury too and Halak is more consistent than Miller too.

I just think you're going to the ceiling for a guy not playing his best and its going to cost you a MAJOR premium to get him. I think their are better alternatives for you.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy_Up View Post
    A guy like Getzlaf in a league with points, PIMs and maybe hits, becomes that much more valuable. If it were a league like that, i wouldn't move him at all, but in your league where its pure offense other than PIMs and shots, i wouldn't have an issue moving him.
    may be able to move Miller for Halak right now with the injury too and Halak is more consistent than Miller too.
    I just think you're going to the ceiling for a guy not playing his best and its going to cost you a MAJOR premium to get him. I think their are better alternatives for you.
    Thanks for the elaborate response, Cowboy! I agree Getz has more value in hits leagues (Backes, too) but my team is dead last in PIM and I figure Backes to get more this season. Getzlaf seems to be playing cleaner over the past few seasons.

Unfortunately the guy decided today that he wants to keep Lundqvist. Sooo, back to square one for me.

Also, with Lindy Ruff getting canned in Buffalo who the hell knows how Miller/the team will respond.

I've been thinking of other goalies to pursue since I found out it wouldn't be Lundqvist, and I'm thinking:

1. Quick - best time to buy if you believe in a turnaround
    2. Smith - somewhat inconsistent but plays in a great system
    3. Price - on top of his game and clear control of Montreal's starts
    4. Halak - has been hurt so health is a question, also STL hasn't been the airtight D we expect from Hitchcock lately
    5. Rinne - everything and the kitchen sink to get him now, I'm sure
    6. Rask - see Rinne (guy's also in 1st place)

The Quick owner also owns Smith, so one of those two may be easiest to pry away. His Centers also need help (Skinner, Marchand, Turris, Saku Koivu). Perhaps there's something for me there?
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO