Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV Series NO SPOILERS)

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    Agreed. Even the young kids that are only in a few episodes are really good. Jon Arryn's son was hilarious in those couple of episodes he was in. I wonder what he was thinking when he read that script?

Even the teen actors are awesome (in some shows, yes, the teen acting is horribly bad)... but Joffrey, Sansa, and probably others I can't think of right now, are all great.
    Sophie Turner, the young actress who plays Sansa has completely impressed me. Yes, Jack Gleeson has also been really good as Joffrey, but he hasn't had the same kind of material that Sophie has. Joffrey is always angry and mean, and those tend to be the easiest to convey as an actor. It is much more difficult to play somebody who is terrified or sad. The fact that Game of Thrones is Sophie Turner's first acting job makes her portrayal of Sansa even that much more impressive to me.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Sophie Turner, the young actress who plays Sansa has completely impressed me. Yes, Jack Gleeson has also been really good as Joffrey, but he hasn't had the same kind of material that Sophie has. Joffrey is always angry and mean, and those tend to be the easiest to convey as an actor. It is much more difficult to play somebody who is terrified or sad. The fact that Game of Thrones is Sophie Turner's first acting job makes her portrayal of Sansa even that much more impressive to me.

Rylant
    I thought Gleeson did a really good job in the last episode with the woman he is going to make his queen (spacing on her name, from Highgarden and her brother is the knight of Flowers) I thought the seen between those two was done really well.

I am reading Storm of Swords and I am trying to stay ahead of the show but they are jumping around a little bit. I just got to the part with Dany first sees the Unsullied soldiers, pages like 280 and it was in the first episode! and some things in the 2nd episode were earlier in the book. ug. I need to spend a lot more time reading to get waaaay ahead of the show. I tried reading the first two books after I saw the show and it was difficult for me, I was getting bored, but reading book 3 before the show has been awesome. Really entertaining book so far.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Gaborlick View Post
    I thought Gleeson did a really good job in the last episode with the woman he is going to make his queen (spacing on her name, from Highgarden and her brother is the knight of Flowers) I thought the seen between those two was done really well.

I am reading Storm of Swords and I am trying to stay ahead of the show but they are jumping around a little bit. I just got to the part with Dany first sees the Unsullied soldiers, pages like 280 and it was in the first episode! and some things in the 2nd episode were earlier in the book. ug. I need to spend a lot more time reading to get waaaay ahead of the show. I tried reading the first two books after I saw the show and it was difficult for me, I was getting bored, but reading book 3 before the show has been awesome. Really entertaining book so far.
    Ahhhhh yes...I can imagine what you're going through! Well just be warned they move A LOT of stuff around. For instance, Im not sure if it's happened yet where you are reading but Robb meets his wife in the 3rd book....and her name isn't even Talisa (like it is in the show).

Administrator

No book spoilers please!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    No book spoilers please!
    Sorry......I didn't think it was a spoiler considering it's happened in the show already.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Sorry......I didn't think it was a spoiler considering it's happened in the show already.
    That was a pre-emptive post. I love this show too much to take a chance.

Dobber Sports Immortal

That was a pre-emptive post. I love this show too much to take a chance.
    Hahaha ok good. Won't see that $hit by me. I specifically choose that as an example because....ya it's been in the show already

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post

Rylant
    I am subtracting credit from Jack Gleeson because I didn't realize he was already in his twenties. It's still a feat to pull off a role where he is universally despised but I don't think it's as daunting for an adult and really so much of what makes him so hateable is his utterly punchable face. He's like the guy who plays Pete Campbell on Mad Men. Great performance but what brings it home is that the actor was given the gift of simply looking like a heel - it's as though he was born for the role.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Good, or I'll be handing out Theon-style beheadings.

Dobber Sports Star

No book spoilers please!
    Interestingly, I originally planned on watching the Series, and reading the books afterwards. I am like you MD in that I HATE spoilers. Sadly, I was constantly trying to avoid spoilers, but ended up finding out a juicy one that hasn't yet been revealed in the TV show. In the end, I decided that I couldn't avoid the spoilers like I wanted, so I ended up reading the books. I have never considered myself a fast reader, but have flown through the five books faster than I have ever read any other series.

Do yourself a favor and avoid the IMDB Game of Thrones boards; there are people there who are dicks and go out of their way to post as many spoilers as possible. They think they are being funny and clever... ********.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

If you hate spoilers, why would you even read a thread like this?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    If you hate spoilers, why would you even read a thread like this?
    Im not sure anyone has posted a book spoiler on here yet. It's all been about the series and the discussion occurs up to the latest episode that has aired.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yeah, but it should be pretty obvious to anyone that there could be extensive talk about the source material.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Yeah, but it should be pretty obvious to anyone that there could be extensive talk about the source material.
    But there hasn't

Back when AtlantaSportsFan started the thread this was his post....

We have to seperate the book forum from the TV series forum. This will be the thread for the TV series.

Please keep the discussion related to the TV series only.

Season three premieres 3/31/13 on HBO.

Dobber Sports Stud

Many on this forum, myself included, have not read the books, but love the TV series. This thread is for discussing the TV series only and up to the latest aired episode as soon as it airs. And so far I've yet to see someone discuss the book in this thread, unless obviously it already occurred in the TV show. Obviously, if you read the books but still want to discuss the TV show here, feel free. Just be polite and not spoil anything.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS