Thread: Stastny

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Stastny

So is it time to cut bait with him? I am in contention for the title in a 16 team dynasty league and can get a late 1st round pick (meaning a mid rounder in the real NHL prospect draft). We start 3 centers with G,A,PPP,PIM,+/-,SOG as cats. My other centers are Crosby, Getzlaf, Fisher, Mueller, and a combination of Ennis, MacDonald, Briere who have dual eligibility. My want to move him will give an opportunity to call up Tarasenko or Conacher or both if I make other moves. What are your thoughts?

Administrator

As we've seen recently the hot-starting rookies have really cooled off. I wouldn't make any move that results in giving up an asset for nothing. Stastny is starting to show signs of life that should be good enough to keep him on your roster over prematurely promoting some youngsters.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Initiate

Unless there were some salary consideration or something else to devalue him, a late 1st wouldn't be enough for me to move Stastny. The fact that you could bring up Tarasenko is interesting, but I think it's too early to take a gamble on that if you're in the hunt. I'd need to see more from Tarasenko and Conacher before I'd be comfortable shipping off vets.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Padawan

His dad publicly calling out the Avs organization after the EJ trade surely left a bitter taste for both sides, and I think that has affected his on ice performance.. He needs a change of scenery. Once he gets that by way of trade (less likely) or FA (more likely), then watch out. Its just a matter of if you can afford to wait, because you likely won't get fair value in a trade.
    Dynasty - $100/yr buy-in - YEAR 8 - $100M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C - Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf
    LW - Pavelski, Domi
    RW - Seguin, Perry
    D - Letang, OEL, Carlson, Hamilton, J. Schultz
    Util - M. Koivu, Aho, Spooner, Atkinson
    G - Rask, Quick

BENCH
    Brassard, Bjugstad, Jagr, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Buchnevich, Ekblad, Beaulieu, Severson, Lundqvist
    PROSPECT
    Puljujarvi, Boeser, Barzal, Dal Colle, Fiala, Sergachev, Lindell

FOUR TIME DEFENDING CHAMPION

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thank you guys. What about Anisimov? I can get an early 2nd round (real NHL) prospect pick and possibly another slightly lower one for him. Worth it?