Thread: Goaltending will cost me the title this year

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Goaltending will cost me the title this year

First Hiller and Kipper leave big stinking dumps in the crease and then get injured. Then I missed picking up Fasth by a hair. Now I trade for Nabokov since I need to make up in Wins and he shits the crease in his first game playing for me: 7 GA is the most he's EVER given up. Man, it's like the goalie gods hate me. I'm kicking ass in pretty much every offensive category but I'm dead last in Wins and SPct. SPct is so hard to recover from, I've almost resigned myself to 2nd place now.

I hate goalies.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    First Hiller and Kipper leave big stinking dumps in the crease and then get injured. Then I missed picking up Fasth by a hair. Now I trade for Nabokov since I need to make up in Wins and he shits the crease in his first game playing for me: 7 GA is the most he's EVER given up. Man, it's like the goalie gods hate me. I'm kicking ass in pretty much every offensive category but I'm dead last in Wins and SPct. SPct is so hard to recover from, I've almost resigned myself to 2nd place now.

I hate goalies.
    If it makes you feel any better, I have 3 healthy goalies and I can't win any of my 4 cats. Killing on the Offense side too. I've tied or lost by 1 cat each week so far. 1 or 2 goalie cats and I'm near the top.
    Last edited by islefan31; February 18, 2013 at 6:47 PM.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Ninja

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't have Nabby but I have Varly.. not the best start to the week. I guess at least he got the win.
    8 Team Yahoo Weekly H2H (1yr)
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN, 3IR
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, L, GA, GAA, SV, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Eric Staal, Getzlaf, Ribeiro
    LW: Lupul (LW,RW), Hartnell, Elias (C,LW), Cammalleri (C,LW), Ott (C,LW)
    RW: Malkin (C,RW), Backes (C,RW), Seguin (C,RW), Callahan
    D: Pietrangelo, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Bouwmeester, Streit, Burns (D,RW), Wisniewski
    G: Rask, Backstrom, Bobrovsky
    IR: Spezza (C), Oshie (C,RW)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ah, this is too funny! Sad but true. We've all been there man! Goalies are flakes, the way coaches use their goalies is flakey the whole deal is flakey!! It only gets worse when your least flakey Goalie gets hurt. Then, flakey goes to a new level! The only way around this is to go out and get yourself 3 young superstar franchise goalies who will be sure fire hall of famers on the first vote! To Easy
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yeah, kinda funny but mostly sad. The worst part is that this kind of outing isn't just costing me a weekly match-up since our pool is roto style, it's actually very close to costing my the season as it makes it so much more difficult for me to move up in the SPct category.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

To be fair, your forwards and defence are probaby so good BECAUSE you skimmped out and picked goalies low

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JeanLucPicard View Post
    To be fair, your forwards and defence are probaby so good BECAUSE you skimmped out and picked goalies low
    Good point but not quite. It's a keeper league in its 6th year and I drafted neither of my goalies. They were both acquired in trades. In fact the only players I still have from the original draft are Malkin and Datsyuk. I drafted Giguere in the 2nd round in the inaugural draft, 1 spot after Lundqvist was drafted, whom I had targeted (urgh) so my bad luck with goalies has been running for awhile

At the beginning of the year, I knew my goaltending wasn't my strongest part but at least I thought was good enough for middle of the pack at least for Wins and SPct so I didn't pursue to improve it. It's a 16 team league where we start 2 goalies so goalies demand a premium. And what were the odds of both Hiller and Kipper being so crappy and injured? I know, 100% in hindsight

Dobber Sports Genius

Lehtonen, Hiller & Niemi isn't cutting it this week either. I did get a nice start though. I picked up Emery (and cross my fingers) that I sneak through in the mean time.

That's what I have in one pool. Was all stacked out in my other pool with Luongo, Thomas & Howard. That's hardly cutting the mustard either.

My son's pool had someone drop Bryz only to see the SO today.

Goaltending is an odd beast.