Thread: Pick up J. McGinn, Hemsky, Boyes, Zidlicky, Bourque or Fleischmann?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Pick up J. McGinn, Hemsky, Boyes, Zidlicky, Bourque or Fleischmann?

Dropping Burns. League format in sig. Thanks fellas.

Dobber Sports Ace

Haha, anybody? 50+ thread views and no replies? That's funny. Thought my threa title would have said it all really.

Dobber Sports Deity

From the names you list, I would probably take a shot with Hemsky. His skills have never been questioned, just his health.

So far so good with the health and the numbers are there. I'd take a chance on him but be prepared to jump when the train jumps the tracks and he gets hurt. Hope it doesnt happen but history isnt on his side.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    From the names you list, I would probably take a shot with Hemsky. His skills have never been questioned, just his health.

So far so good with the health and the numbers are there. I'd take a chance on him but be prepared to jump when the train jumps the tracks and he gets hurt. Hope it doesnt happen but history isnt on his side.
    Crap. He just got picked up an hour ago. Anyone else you see as an upgrade over Burns?

Dobber Sports Deity

My second choice would have to be Jamie McGinn, but I am not sure I would want him over Brent Burns.

If thats the move you want to make, I'd look at McGinn.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    My second choice would have to be Jamie McGinn, but I am not sure I would want him over Brent Burns.

If thats the move you want to make, I'd look at McGinn.
    Thanks. I see McGinn is getting some excellent PP icetime right now. Even moreso than Hemsky. I may wait a while and see whether Burns starts to produce though.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would be going with Flash
    Points only, 26 team keeper league. keep 8 + 4 prospects. 2 LW,2 RW, 2C, 4 D and G. 1 point goal,1 point assist
    Goalies. 2 points win, 1 for O/T or Shoot out loss, 3 for SO, 2 for assist, 10 for goal. Minus 1 for a loss
    Draft 8 more through draft. Need to have 11 on main team, 9 on reserve. Once roster set, can add 1 injured reserve spot.

Roster:
    LW JVR, Steen, Hagelin
    C Malkin, E. Staal, Nelson
    RW Okposo, Wheeler, Donskoi
    D Demers, Pulock, Savard, Vlasic
    G Holtby

prospects: Frost, Sprong, Andersson, Bear, Niku, Katchouk

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
    My thoughts exactly

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    My thoughts exactly
    Flash over McGinn hey? McGinn is on the #1 PP, and had SOG last night. Flash and McGinn both lead their teams in SOG. Flash looks like a solid ~25 goals guy, where McGinn has hit 20 but is still developing and may have a higher ceiling. I'm tempted to take McGinn as he has a bit of a hotter hand, and seems to be a little more productive on PIMs (not much, but hey).

It looks like a bit of a coin toss actually.

Boyes also seems to have the highest potential of any of the guys, given his past production. He's also in a great spot on the Islanders' lineup - alongside Tavares/Moulson both at EV & PP. He has dual position eligibility too.
    Last edited by kbro; February 19, 2013 at 12:52 AM.

Dobber Sports Ace

UPDATE - P. Berglund is also available. His 8 goals so far are pretty enticing, but he doesn't appear to be getting many shots, and the PP icetime is pretty spread out in St. Louis.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by kbro View Post
    Flash over McGinn hey? McGinn is on the #1 PP, and had SOG last night. Flash and McGinn both lead their teams in SOG. Flash looks like a solid ~25 goals guy, where McGinn has hit 20 but is still developing and may have a higher ceiling. I'm tempted to take McGinn as he has a bit of a hotter hand, and seems to be a little more productive on PIMs (not much, but hey).

It looks like a bit of a coin toss actually.

Boyes also seems to have the highest potential of any of the guys, given his past production. He's also in a great spot on the Islanders' lineup - alongside Tavares/Moulson both at EV & PP. He has dual position eligibility too.
    Hey, I'm not saying Flash is a slam-dunk here...none of these guys are.

Flash is averaging 18:15 TOI and 3:12 on the PP with 47 SOG
    McGinn is averaging 18:21 TOI and 2:49 on the PP with 51 SOG

These guys are both filling a very similar role for their respective teams at the moment but I feel Flash's role is much more certain long term. If you feel there's more upside with McGinn then go for it but it's not as if this kid is some high-end youngster. He was drafted in the 2nd round of 2006. Other forwards drafted in the same round: Kulemin, Anisimov, Lucic. Do we expect there's much more to come from them? McGinn was never really a high ceiling prospect while Flash already has a 60+ point year under his belt.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    Hey, I'm not saying Flash is a slam-dunk here...none of these guys are.

Flash is averaging 18:15 TOI and 3:12 on the PP with 47 SOG
    McGinn is averaging 18:21 TOI and 2:49 on the PP with 51 SOG

These guys are both filling a very similar role for their respective teams at the moment but I feel Flash's role is much more certain long term. If you feel there's more upside with McGinn then go for it but it's not as if this kid is some high-end youngster. He was drafted in the 2nd round of 2006. Other forwards drafted in the same round: Kulemin, Anisimov, Lucic. Do we expect there's much more to come from them? McGinn was never really a high ceiling prospect while Flash already has a 60+ point year under his belt.
    Thanks. I'm going to give Burns a longer leash, but it looks like Flash is a slightly safer pick.