Thread: Waiver claim - pick up Hiller and drop Theodore?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Waiver claim - pick up Hiller and drop Theodore?

Is Fasth for real, or is Hiller going to regain control in Anaheim? Should I make a claim for Hiller and walk away from Theodore?

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm starting to think that Fasth is for real. However, Hiller is a good goalie himself who started the year poorly and then got injured and had the misfortune of having a hot goalie step in and win 8 in a row. I don't think it's conclusive that Hiller is delegated to a backup yet. I think he'll get back in net, have a couple of good games and end up at least splitting games with Fasth. You also have to consider what happens if Fasth falters. We haven't seen him yet deal with a slump and you'd have to believe one is coming, no matter how good he is.

Bottom line here is that Hiller is the better goalie between him and Theodore but happens to be at an all-time low in his career. I believe he'll rebound. Whether he regains his number one status or not, I can't predict but I'd still rather have him than Theodore, especially in a keeper league. Even if he doesn't regain his number one status, the Ducks would not keep both him and Fasth, should the latter prove to be a capable starter and Hiller will end up a starter somewhere.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Icon

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Haha yeah, I've definitely seen and been reading the Fasth thread. I'd still like to know if you think Hiller is more valuable than Theodore though.

Dobber Sports Icon

sorry bro

Yeah gotta go with Hiller over Theo for now.

As for The future the odds are Hiller may have his position clearly back next year. Fasth could sign elsewhere as a UFA.

My thinking is Theo is done as a #1 after this season(UFA). Markstrom will given the keys next season with Clemensen there for support.

Dobber Sports Icon

Anyone watching the game?
    How does hiller look? One goal already for BJacks.

Dobber Sports Novice

The goal was kind of a luck bounce for Prospal.

He's had some good saves.