Thread: Try and buy low on Corey Perry?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Try and buy low on Corey Perry?

So I just did a free trial on Fantasy Hockey Geek, and it ranked Corey Perry 2nd in Value based on his a average stats the last two years, and my league categories.

Should I try and buy him low while he's slumping? Anaheim is doing very well while Perry is off to a slow start which is worrying. I was thinking of trying to get him for shattenkirk and kunitz, but if I had to go as high as offering Semin would it still be worth it?
    18 team ESPN h2h league
    categories: g, a, +/-, pim, sog, ppp, hits, blk
    w, so, gaa, sv%
    5F, 3D, 1 Util, 3 bench,

Tavares, Duchene, Backes, Michalek, Simmonds, Filppula, Conacher, Silfverberg

Chara, Edler, Girardi

Quick
    Thomas

Dobber Sports Initiate

You can try buying low on Perry but many GM's will know what you're trying to do.

As for your offer of Shattennkirk and Kunitz in my opinion you are offering too much. That is not a buy low offer.

You will also be killing your defense options. Shatty is by far your best d-man. Do you really want to lose him for a slumping Perry in a shortened season?

Offer Goligoski and a better forward. By better I mean "better than Kunitz but not better than Perry".

Bottom line, I wouldn't even deal Shattenkirk straight up for Perry.

Hope this helps with your decision.

Cheers
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by sixhands View Post
    You can try buying low on Perry but many GM's will know what you're trying to do.

As for your offer of Shattennkirk and Kunitz in my opinion you are offering too much. That is not a buy low offer.

You will also be killing your defense options. Shatty is by far your best d-man. Do you really want to lose him for a slumping Perry in a shortened season?

Offer Goligoski and a better forward. By better I mean "better than Kunitz but not better than Perry".

Bottom line, I wouldn't even deal Shattenkirk straight up for Perry.

Hope this helps with your decision.

Cheers
    He just says that Perry is the 2nd best forward in his league per FHG, and you wouldn't trade Shattenkirk straight up for Perry. Shatty who isn't even the best D to own fantasy-wise on his own team?

I agree with you that he might hurt his team by trading Shatty, so maybe he should think of trading Goligoski who has been playing horribly lately.

But I really think it's a smart idea to go for Perry
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I've been texting back and forth with him, and he doesn't seem interested in any of my D outside of shatty. Would Nash for Perry straight up be worth it? I think Nash still has upside, but in this shortened season there isn't much time for these guys to turn it around.
    18 team ESPN h2h league
    w, so, gaa, sv%
    5F, 3D, 1 Util, 3 bench,

Chara, Edler, Girardi

Quick
    Thomas

Dobber Sports Initiate

My point about not trading Shattenkirk straight up for Perry is because this is a one-year league. A "shortened" one year league.

The FHG stats he looked at were for the past 2 seasons if I am not mistaken. We all know that fantasy hockey has some crazy swings so why not stick with what you have instead of trying to go for players that may or may not give you what you want.

One-year league I stand pat with Shattenkirk and not decimate my defense.

Keeper league I would be all over trying to get Perry and would gladly give up Shattenkirk for him.

But this is a shortened one-year league and I am only going by the information provided.

That's the beauty of this forum as well, we are all encouraged to offer our own points of view and opinions

Cheers

Dave
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by sixhands View Post
    One-year league I stand pat with Shattenkirk and not decimate my defense.

Keeper league I would be all over trying to get Perry and would gladly give up Shattenkirk for him.
    this is exactly right

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Sounds good, I just don't think I'm going to be able to do a deal with goligoski or pitkanen without attaching someone with a bigger name like Nash or Semin.

Looks like I might have to wait this one out a little bit.
    18 team ESPN h2h league
    w, so, gaa, sv%
    5F, 3D, 1 Util, 3 bench,

Chara, Edler, Girardi

Quick
    Thomas

Dobber Sports Wizard

perrys production was off last season and things dont look to have righted themselves yet

last season it is easy to point to the team and say well there you go they all had shit years so it is to be expected he did as well

this season that is just not the case plus he is playing for a contract this season

sure one would think he is going to go on a tear eventually and wake up but i am not sure i risk a 1 year season based on that unless i am down near the bottom in the standings and need some kind of miracle