Thread: Steen, McDonald or M. Richards?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Steen, McDonald or M. Richards?

Which do you think will be the most productive over the remainder of the season based on my cats below?

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like McDonald if we are talking this season only. I know about the injury risk but call it a "gut" feel that he makes it through this one. Won't help you much with PIM but think his point production will offset that.
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Steen for me. STL is all about their killer PP and Steen is the forward you want out of either PP unit. He is so critical to the cycle and has been shooting the puck like a fiend. This is a true breakout season for Steen and Hitchcock is using him accordingly. McDonald is a stud, but I'd prefer not exposing myself to the injury risk.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i like steen here as well

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not to hijack the thread, but to those praising Steen for his current level of play:

I haven't seen much of STL this year, but what are the chances he keeps this production up? His career-high is 51 pts (albeit he missed 10 games that season) and 24 goals.

Reason I'm asking is I just picked him up off waivers, he's played one game for me and had a 3-point night against Calgary. But I have my sights set on upgrading my RW and looking to make a play for Kessel or Iginla (different owners). Thinking about using Steen and his hot-streak to entice the owner.

Worth it for me to ship him out if I can get that return? Also going to dangle Purcell with him because I need to free up a spot to activate Kesler from IR.

Thanks for the input!
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Deity

Looking at your cats, I too would go with Steen. He plays in all situations (PP and PK) for St Louis. I like McDonald but I think Steen will have just as many opportunities to produce as McDonald and will find a way to out point him this year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."