Thread: Kesler/Backstrom (G) for Green

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kesler/Backstrom (G) for Green

Hi,

Mulling over this trade - I have four goalies (see roster in sig) and only 3 D in a 4D roto league. Do you think this is overpaying for Mike Green?

I can't really use Kesler because of Kopitar/Sedin anyway - alternatively I could look to swing a deal with another team to move Sedin for a better pair of defensemen or something if the dropoff between Sedin and Kesler isn't projected to be too big. I am second last in assists though so I'd prefer to keep Sedin.
    12 Team Keeper Yahoo! Points League

Keep 8 (max 1 goalie)

3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G
    Bench: 6 + 2 IR

G(3), A(2), +/- (1), PIM (0.5), PPP (1), SHP (2), SOG (0.5), FOW (0.05), HIT (0.25), BLK (0.25)

W (5.5), L (-2.5), GA (-1), SA (0.2), SHO (5)

Weekly Roster

C: Giroux/Ott/Stastny
    LW: Steen/Hartnell/Prust
    RW: Lupul/Callahan/Simmonds
    D: Karlsson/Letang/Burns/Green/Bieksa/Beauchemin/Goligoski
    G: Quick/Ward/Bishop/Khudobin
    Bench: Martin/Hornqvist/Ray Whitney/Backlund

Dobber Sports Sage

Need or not, I'd want something better for Kes. Kes' value is high right now based simply on excitement. He's back and looked rad in his first game. I'd look for a better, younger dman plus a prospect or great pick before I move him for green. Otherwise, I'd keep him. His value in multi-cat leagues is still very good.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't like it, not a fan of trading a forward for a D, and when throwing in a pretty solid goalie like Backstrom, it just makes the deal much less appealing then it already is. I like the idea of adding one more D to your squad, but I would look towards a more reliable D than Green, if I'm giving up the pair of Kesler and Backstrom. I think Kesler and Backstrom can fetch a better return in a 12 team start 2 goalie league.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sorry - the deal doesn't really revolve around Kesler, it revolves around Backstrom for a D.

The other D the guy has is Chara and Suter, I'm thinking Backstrom for Suter is already too much... what would it take to get Chara here? He also has Carle... other than that there really aren't many assets on his team I'd want that have not been deemed untouchable by him (eg. Stamkos). He wants G/LW but I don't really have any strong assets at LW that I'd be willing to trade.

Team B has Phaneuf/Letang/Hedman/Staal/Bieksa as his D corps... I'm thinking Sedin/Faulk for Letang/Phaneuf? Is that giving up too much? Problem is right now I have too many Centers (3 Center-only players) so I really need to dump one for better D. Team B is starting Gagner at Center so this seems like an ideal way to make a mutually beneficial trade... only problem is Team B is creaming the competition even without a decent Center and is in 1st by a long shot.

The final team that I could trade with has Byfuglien/Goligoski/Schultz/Visnovsky... problem is he only has 4 D (the others are holding 5) so I don't how know to make this trade work... he's near the bottom of the standings and his roster outside Malkin isn't looking so good. The trade would probably revolve around sending Backstrom or Kipper, but I think he wants Backstrom for any possible trade. Would Backstrom for Schultz be fair? Or Backstrom/Steen for Schultz/Visnovsky? Ideally I'd like to flip the two assets for Byfuglien but I don't think that would get accepted. His LW/G is crap so that's what he'd want

Keep 8 (max 1 goalie)

3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G

G(3), A(2), +/- (1), PIM (0.5), PPP (1), SHP (2), SOG (0.5), FOW (0.05), HIT (0.25), BLK (0.25)

Weekly Roster

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

40% of your roto cats are goalie stats and right now you have an underperfroming Quick and Fasth, who may or may not keep starting once Hiller finds his groove agian. Backstrom is very reiable and the Wild won't play any worse than they have, only can get better.

Weber is going to turn it around soon and having him + Enstrom in your format is a solid top 2 D, throw in Faulk who is finding his game, and your D corp is not too shabby. Given your league doesn't do BLKS or 2x D-points, there really isn't a D out there worth moving one of your goalies for.

If you are going to move players for a D, move Fasth and guys like Heatley, Tarasenko, or Paccioretty. All of them are overvalued and should land you a decent player.
    Last edited by habs7079; February 17, 2013 at 2:41 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by habs7079 View Post
    40% of your roto cats are goalie stats and right now you have an underperfroming Quick and Fasth, who may or may not keep starting once Hiller finds his groove agian. Backstrom is very reiable and the Wild won't play any worse than they have, only can get better.

Weber is going to turn it around soon and having him + Enstrom in your format is a solid top 2 D, throw in Faulk who is finding his game, and your D corp is not too shabby. Given your league doesn't do BLKS or 2x D-points, there really isn't a D out there worth moving one of your goalies for.

If you are going to move players for a D, move Fasth and guys like Heatley, Tarasenko, or Paccioretty. All of them are overvalued and should land you a decent player.
    That's a good point.

I don't think Pacioretty is going to net me anything, I picked him up as a FA cause no one wanted him so I'm not sure why anyone would trade for him, especially with the recent injury (even if it's minor)

I just dropped Tarasenko - I've been shopping him around but no one is willing to offer anything for him.

The problem for me is once Kipper comes off the IR I don't know if I can hold 4 goalies realistically - that's a lot of space dedicated to the position. And no one wants Kipper due to the fact that he's playing like crap at the moment (and injured), and I'll only get lowball offers for Quick.

A new deal I have on the table is to get Chara for Steen / Backstrom. I'm leaning towards accepting this. What do people think?

Keep 8 (max 1 goalie)

3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G

Weekly Roster