Thread: ...Offered for Giroux

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default ...Offered for Giroux

My league and team is in the signature below (we Keep 5). The manager offering the deal initially wanted at straight H.Sedin for C.Giroux and I told him I needed more. He since has had Spezza and E.Karlsson injuries jeopardizing his season...while I am battling in 2nd place.

What are you thoughts on this offer?...Rep to be given

I'd give:
    C.Giroux(RW/C)
    B.Dubinsky(LW)
    N.Horton(RW)

I'd get:
    H.Sedin(C)
    M.Lucic(LW)
    R.Clowe(RW/LW)

Your input is greatly appreciated!
    10 Team 5 Keeper Roto....Stats are:G,A,+/-,HITS,PPP,SOG,FW and W,SO,GAA,SV%:

C-A.Barkov,V.Trochek,B.Horvat
    RW-A.Svechkinov(LW),T.Bertuzzi(LW),P.Laine(LW)
    LW-B.Marchand,E.Kane(RW),B.Schenn(RW/C)
    F-L.Couture(C)
    D-K.Letang,D.Nurse,M.Seider,N.Pionk
    G-I.Shesterkin.C.Hellebuyck
    BEN-E.Merzlikins(G),K.Kahkonen(G),J.Bratt(LW/RW),T.Toffoli(LW/RW),B.Jenner(LW/C),R.Andersson(D)
    IR-J.Vrana(LW),N.Ehlers(RW/LW)

Dobber Sports Novice

Straight up man to man: Giroux and Sedin are almost comparable however Giroux being younger and it being a keeper you have to give the edge to Giroux even though right now he is struggling and I see more talent on the Vancouver roster this season.

I'd take Lucic over Dubinsky all day.

Horton and Clowe are similar type players however I'm still waiting for Horton to crank it up a gear higher and show me more. You get the dual eligibility of Clowe and I would expect at seasons end for their stats to be very close.

After saying all that I like your return and would make the deal. Lucic over Dubinsky is the deal breaker for me.
    14 team Keeper League with 6 keepers per season
    G, A, +/-, PTS, PPP, SHP, GWG, HAT, SOG
    GS, W, L, SO, GAA, SV%
    Gameday roster:
    2 C
    2 LW
    2 RW
    4 D
    2 UTILs
    2 G
    Keepers:
    F - Giroux, Seguin, Voracek, Drouin, Granlund
    D -
    G - Rask

Dobber Sports Initiate

Rep given....looking for some more input.
    10 Team 5 Keeper Roto....Stats are:G,A,+/-,HITS,PPP,SOG,FW and W,SO,GAA,SV%:

C-A.Barkov,V.Trochek,B.Horvat
    RW-A.Svechkinov(LW),T.Bertuzzi(LW),P.Laine(LW)
    LW-B.Marchand,E.Kane(RW),B.Schenn(RW/C)
    F-L.Couture(C)
    D-K.Letang,D.Nurse,M.Seider,N.Pionk
    G-I.Shesterkin.C.Hellebuyck
    BEN-E.Merzlikins(G),K.Kahkonen(G),J.Bratt(LW/RW),T.Toffoli(LW/RW),B.Jenner(LW/C),R.Andersson(D)
    IR-J.Vrana(LW),N.Ehlers(RW/LW)

Dobber Sports Stud

I like the look of your team right now, and wouldn't really want to move out Giroux for some very solid extra depth. I guess if you think this is the deal, that absolutely puts you over the top than go for it, otherwise I would hang onto Giroux.

In a keep 5 you want to be able to keep the very best players possible, being able to keep Crosby and Giroux, two Top 5 players year in and year out is a nice advantage to have. Giroux hasn't been to impressive this season, but things will turn around the points will come, and he will be a keeper for years to come.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by jager19 View Post
    My league and team is in the signature below (we Keep 5). The manager offering the deal initially wanted at straight H.Sedin for C.Giroux and I told him I needed more. He since has had Spezza and E.Karlsson injuries jeopardizing his season...while I am battling in 2nd place.

What are you thoughts on this offer?...Rep to be given

I'd give:
    C.Giroux(RW/C)
    B.Dubinsky(LW)
    N.Horton(RW)

I'd get:
    H.Sedin(C)
    M.Lucic(LW)
    R.Clowe(RW/LW)

Your input is greatly appreciated!
    I wouldn't give up Giroux unless you're getting back another top 5 player or a top 10 player with a solid complimentary player (like Stamkos 'n St. Louis)
    Henrik is struggling a bit this year, and I think its known league-wide that despite being able to put up 70 points both Sedins are on the decline fantasy wise.
    I agree with the above in that I'd take Lucic over dubinsky any day. Lucic is a rare breed.
    Clowe still plays the second line for Sharks and has been snake bitten points wise this year so far. With him he's pretty durable and you know what you're getting.