Zadarov is ****ing huge!
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Who is this: Valery Nichushkin ????
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Novice

Drouin at #4 - I really thought we would have seen him go up to #1 or #2 after his WJC and his scoring pace in the Q once he returned. He scores at a 2.0PPG pace, and leads a top club in scoring, which not many players can do. This kid has some serious skill and hockey sense.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Who is this: Valery Nichushkin ????
    My thoughts exactly. Well just what justified such a big jump.

He's ranked No. 4 by NHL Central Scouting for European skaters. http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=85616

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by shamblaow View Post
    Drouin at #4 - I really thought we would have seen him go up to #1 or #2 after his WJC and his scoring pace in the Q once he returned. He scores at a 2.0PPG pace, and leads a top club in scoring, which not many players can do. This kid has some serious skill and hockey sense.
    I wouldn't be surprised if lots of teams have him in their top 2. Whoever gets him will be very pleased no matter where he goes.

He's looked great the last 3 games even without Nathan.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by YKPV PWR SLD View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if lots of teams have him in their top 2. Whoever gets him will be very pleased no matter where he goes.

He's looked great the last 3 games even without Nathan.
    Yeah, I feel the exact same way .

In the WJCs, he did what we all wanted MacKinnon to do. Play your way into the top 6 and force the coach to put you on the ice because you are playing so damn well.

Dobber Sports Expert

Valery Nichushkin is a huge power forward. You might remember him for scoring that OT winner against Canada in the bronze medal game.

Huge upside on this kid because of his speed,size and shot. He's pretty unstoppable at the junior level. Biggest question marks are his on-ice vision, and the fact that he's a got a contract in the KHL (I think).
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by shamblaow View Post
    Yeah, I feel the exact same way .

In the WJCs, he did what we all wanted MacKinnon to do. Play your way into the top 6 and force the coach to put you on the ice because you are playing so damn well.
    To be fair to Mackinnon, he was much better suited to fill a checking role on that team than Drouin. Drouin was top six or bust and he forced their hand. Mackinnon filled a role for the team and unfortunately for him the points never came but it wasn't really as much a case of Drouin outplaying him as some believe. Almost all the scoring on that team came from the top two lines....Mackinnon was doomed.

Now, for anyone not yet on the Drouin bandwagon, what are you waiting for! This kid is something special and watching him develop in Halifax alongside Mackinnon these past two years has been an absolute treat! Drouin seems to get better every game and he has so much confidence at this point the sky is the limit for him.

I think it's now safe to say that this draft is going to be very hard to predict. There is no clearcut number one and that's for all the right reasons. In fantasy drafts I'd be thrilled to select anywhere in the top 5

Dobber Sports Pro

Fantasy wise, Drouin has to be #1. I'd stay away from Nichushkin, seems like a risky pick for multiple reasons.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I was surprised that Barkov and Lindholm aren't ranked higher.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Valery Nichushkin is a huge power forward. You might remember him for scoring that OT winner against Canada in the bronze medal game.

Huge upside on this kid because of his speed,size and shot. He's pretty unstoppable at the junior level. Biggest question marks are his on-ice vision, and the fact that he's a got a contract in the KHL (I think).
    Agreed with this.....you hear it almost every year there's always a Russian in the draft that gets the "he would go higher if he wasn't Russian", that's Nichuskin this year. All things equal he's top 5, being at 2 is maybe a smidge high but when all is said and done it might be justified.

As to the contract, he's signed in Russia for 3 years....not sure if that was a new contract last summer so he's already in year 1, or if it's an extension that won't kick in until next year. Either way it will be 2015 at the earliest before we see him in North America, maybe 2016.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Banned

Guarantee Nichushkin will be drafted 16th or lower. Maybe even not a first rounder.

The Great One

first rounder for sure.....

top 10-15....i dont see it

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I never agree with ISS rankings. Same goes for this.

Drouin #1 on my list now, ranked 4th by ISS? Could happen but I doubt it, I see too much Giroux/Kane in him

In saying that, the top 6-7 prospects are really hard to rank and any combination is realistic. NHL scouts are probably torn on most of these guys.