I'd like to move Daniel Sedin in my full keeper while he's still got elite value and package him with a D since I have too many. The other owner wants to deal Fleury to improve his offence. That's where the talks started. I offered Sedin/Green/Gagner for Fleury/JVR/Franson (I'd drop Franson to activate Kesler off the IR, so really it was Fleury/JVR/Kesler for me).
He rejected saying he wanted Giroux in the deal somehow as well. I said he'd need to include Crosby for any deal involving both Sedin and Giroux, assuming that would be the end of the discussion.
Surprisingly, he just countered with asking for Sedin/Giroux/Schultz for Crosby/Fleury/Franson (again, Franson would become Kesler).
- I don't really NEED the goalie (usually 3 good ones are standard on a team in our league).
- I'd also have three straight centres in Crosby, Getzlaf and Kesler which isn't ideal since we only dress two and I'd be benching one regularly.
- I'd be short a LW.
- Giroux(C,RW) and Schultz are more or less my future backbone at F and D.
- It's Crosby
- I'd be getting a return on Sedin (this is the only GM in the league that is interested)
- I'd have a trading chip in a 4th starting goalie as the season progresses
What to do?