Thread: Rask/Price/Fleury...trade 1???

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Rask/Price/Fleury...trade 1???

I have 3 really good goalies...scoring system in sig. In a limited keeper pool I just don't think it makes sense to try to keep all 3...also we have an expansion team joining this off-season which all but ensures I'd lose 1 for sure to that draft for nothing in the off-season.

I could bolster my D [likely landing 2 of Streit, Chara, or Keith] and still get a secondary G [Lindback] back in the deal [plus a depth F]. Fleury sits 3rd on my G points list anyway right now. I think he's the least skilled of the 3, but he's on a terrific team. His limited starts and penchant to never get shut-outs does kind of hurt his overall value though.

I'm leaning towards keeping Rask/Price and dealing Fleury. I hate to do it. Do you guys think this is the right decision?
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Apprentice

With your scoring categories I would say Rask is a keeper and I am not sure whether fleury or price should be traded. Price is a better goalie but will not get as many W and will have more losses.

I would put both out there and see which gets you a better return.

Dobber Sports Expert

Just to explain my math and rationale...2 years ago [10/11 season] Price posted 38 W, 28 L, 6 OTL, and 8 SO. MTL played decent and finished 6th in the conference. Those numbers totaled 70 points in my pool...right around a PPG pace as Price started just over 70 games. I think he's going to be one of the few G in the league that routinely plays close to 70 games and those extra 10ish starts over Fleury add up even if the team plays .500 hockey in front of him [as 5 wins and 5 lossess...even with no SO is an extra 5 points].

Fleury's point totals over the past 4 seasons...

08/09 = 67
    09/10 = 61
    10-11 = 63
    11/12 = 77

With the young talent coming up in MTL I'm not convinced Fleury is a remarkably better option on a year to year basis. Having said that, I'm asking b/c I'm waffling.

Understand Price has 15 points right now to Fleury's 9 [and I'm leading our pool and plan to push for the championship this season] which also factors into the decision-making process. Right now I either stand pat, trade Fleury, or trade Price [but I lose points in doing this deal].
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask